• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some help

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
i just got a set of JK shocks for my BL. and i need to find some bar pins for the fronts, and a press to use.... saying that my plan to use the weight of my jeep and a floor jack fails. where can i get some bar pins for them? i was thinking 4WP but there website doesnt say.

you can get them there, or i think you can get them at vato zone or anywhere like that. i have access to a press, but i live pretty far away. you're welcome to come up if you want to....

i've been told i can get bar pins at almost any auto place. and im sure i'll resort to beating in the pins before i go out in search of a press.

but thanks!

Grease and c-clamp are you friends. ;)

I re-used my stock bar pins on my bilsteins, and used my vise with a large deep well socket to press them out. Worked like a champ.

~James

yea i also used my stock bar pins with my 5100's, but i also had a press then. so i think when i do the lift on the rear and swap out my shocks, i'll press out the bar pins and use them up front

If still having trouble come by 4Wheel Parts (norcross) next week some time. I'm sure we can figure something out. We have lots of extra bar pins. I don't work monday's but feel free to come by any other time. My name is Bud

im running spacers and shackles on rather saggy coils, and leafs. (which i need to replace the leafs) the JK shocks should be right for the amount of lift i get. i dont have to smash another set of shocks up.

I re-used my stock bar pins on my bilsteins, and used my vise with a large deep well socket to press them out. Worked like a champ.

~James

X2

ok, so today i was going to put the rear JK shocks on. and i snapped some upper bolts, and gave up. today has been a bad day to work on my jeep. i snapped a wheel stud or what ever there called and those shock bolts. i miss have a jeep that i already broke then fixed... now i need to find some place that can do my shock mounting, cause i dont want to screw with it anymore.

Back