• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" lift with replacement springs.

pikey77

NAXJA Forum User
I need new rear leafs and am wanting to do a small lift as well. Jeep is mainly for the street and only sees some light trails so I dont need an all out deal.

My rear end is about 1.5 inches under stock.

Thinking of a set of 2" OME rear leafs and 2 inch pucks up front.

Any reason this wont work? Should i be looking for something else? I have a set of shackles but with the sagged rear leafs i dont see the point.

That's one way of many to do it. The OME 2" Leaf Packs are good Leaf Packs. Bit Pricey but should last you IMHO. And, so many People do Budget Lifts with 2" Coil Spring Spacers so why not. I really do not see why you would need anything more than that to Lift your XJ to 2"s of Lift. Stock Components are fine up to about 2.5" to 3"s of Lift and then one would have to start Swapping Out things.

Enjoy your Build.

im guessing dfw is dallas fort worth?, either way i searched on here and found 2" lift coil springs and did 2" blocks in the rear for my first BB lift, ran just fine didnt even extend my shocks for a little while, eventually i went with 3" shocks. now i am upgrading to 4.5" i just need the rear leafs.

either way you do your lift your going to have the same ending result, pucks up front are fine. shackles are fine knowing that your still going to sit 1.5" lower than you would with a new set of leafs.

personally i'd do 2" coils but spacers will work fine and you will still look fine on 235/75/15's or even 30x9.5's you wont need to extend your brake lines. you shouldnt get any vibes. and it will look really nice

to answer your questions, what you reccomended will work no problem, but you might be better off getting your leafs re arched... might even cost less too

Last edited:
Just put together a bastard pack (haven't installed) and after gas driving around to the yards, cost of the packs, asstd crap like graphite paint, leaf liner, cutoff wheel, leaf clamps, I didn't come out a whole lot ahead of just buying OME. So I would say go for it.

For the front, instead of 2" spacers, try pricing the Moog CC784 springs. I don't know how much spacers are, but the coils should be <$85

I'll check coil prices out..thanks guys.

Would it be worth it to go ahead and replace nuts bolts, ubolts while i'm putting new packs on?

Any idea correct sizes for these?

lol i'd sell you my 2" coil's but i dont do shipping. i like to exchange cash hand to hand.

and from my expierence, yes its a 100000% worth it to replace nuts/bolts with new ones.

what rear axle do you have? d35? chrysler 8.25? d44?

d35

I actuall travel for a living and end up in So. Cal quite a bit. If i get out there before I get this done I'll let yah know and maybe i can pick em up from you!@

lol no problem! i'll more than likely still have them, if i do 30 bucks and their yours lol i might even have 2 inch spacers by then too

oh and i did a search...
RE1220 U-Bolt Kit 2.75"X9.0" - Set of four u-bolts and nuts for Cherokee
Application: XJ. Set of four u-bolts and nuts for Cherokee. 1/2" diameter rod x 2.75" I.D x 9.0" length. Fits most Cherokees with Dana 44 and Model 35 rear diffs.

Back