• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OTK Over The Knuckle Steering

Milk Dud

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, I purchased a Rusty's HD Trac bar like 2 years ago and installed it. It worked good for what I needed it for but it always rubbed against the trac bar bolt on the axle. I decided I would upgrade to a OTK setup and used the $10 inserts for the knuckles to put the tie rod on top and I got the Trac bar relocation brackets from Rusty's as well to move that out of the way. I ground part of the spring perches off to clear the tie rod. My issue now is everything seems to not bind until almost full steer when the tie rod hits the springs themselves. With Rusty's Full Kit you get the tie rod and drag link with the heim joints and you drill the knuckle to a straight hole. The tie rod setup I have has the regular tie rod ends. I think since I put the inserts in mine the inserts put the tie rod up like 1/4" and it's making the tie rod rub the spring. If that made any sense to anyone can someone suggest something useful to get full steer back?

Rotate spring? :dunno:

The springs can't be rotated because they sit in the groove at a specific spot.

As far as the steering stops go, I thought of that but I'm still not getting full steer. That would be a somewhat temporary fix til I figure out the tie rod issue. I like the fact that I don't have to make 100 point turns to pull into a parking spot. That's what I have my Dakota for.

Back