• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The struggle continues...

rredalty

NAXJA Forum User
Many on here know Tim (TheHardStruggler... The cook) and some of you were aware that he had an accident over the weekend. I cannot count the amount of calls and text messages I have gotten today about his condition and I have been waiting for things to settle a little bit before I posted this.

Over the last weekend I had a sort of meet and greet/ wrenchfest... whatever you want to call it. I need to give thanks to Tiff, High2by(Mark and Jackie), Team Willys(Tyler), MelkorsXJ(Dan B.), TNXJ00(Sam), TheBox(Dan P.), ShortXJDoug(Doug), Trailratethis(Eric who might I add didn't do a damn thing), Jeepaddict(Greg) and last but not least, TheHardStruggler(Tim) for coming over to lend a hand.

The goal was to build a new 12'x24' storage building/ workshop in the backyard. Anyone who has ever been to the house can tell you the space is more than outgrown and this has been a long time coming. Friday we had the majority of materials ganthered and we were off. Saturday went great and we got alot accomplished, all that was left was some roofing, doors and windows. Most had to leave or went wheeling as planned on Sunday but Tim and I stayed behind to get it finished.

As we were getting the tin on the roof, Tim hit a slick spot in the OSB and fell approx 10-12" from the roof to the ground. He remained conscious but has suffered a badly broken leg. Broken and displaced fibula, Broken Tibia with a crack that extends up the bone towards his knee, and 2 other broken bones in his ankle. We rushed him to the hospital after EMT's had come to stabilize him and upon examination he was told that he needed surgery. Monday he went to see an orthopedic doctor and the surgery was set for Wed at 2pm. All went well in the operating room and he is on his was back to Atlanta as we speak. A little nauseous but still keepin' on.

For those at the Crawl, You'll remember that there was a group that left out for Atl Thursday to go support Tim in a bullshit court case involving a XXXX neighbor and the death of his beloved pug Buckley. The court has mandated a fence(privacy) to be built within 60 days of the court date. I spoke with Rebecca, they have recieved a 30 day extention on the court order but with Tim having a bum leg, I think we need to band together again to halp a fallen comrade as we have before.

I have heard from others the suggestion of a fundraiser or donation to help the Malcoms and after some thinking and talking it over with others, we are going to have a donation. High2by will be setting up a PayPal account for any funding that may be donated and if you cannot afford to donate, we will be having a work day on a Sat 3-4 weeks from now. This is a terrible thing to happen and he will be on his ass for a little bit so anything that any of us can do to help them I'm sure will be appreciated.

I will continue to make updates as I hear from Rebecca. Please Keep Tim and his wife in your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont have much money to donate right now, but I will DEFINITELY be there to help. I live only a few minutes from him according to you guys. I have never met Tim, but he seems like a standup guy from all of the stories I have heard. Thats all I need to spend a few days over there to help.

Really sorry to hear about this... Get well soon Tim!

Just say the date and time, I will be there.

Keep us posted on what is going on. I'll see what I can do to help.

Glad hes doing ok, Ive been concerned all day about him. Im broke as a joke, but I will do what I can. I am planning on going down next weekend to see if Rebbecca needs a hand around the house or anything. I had planned on hitting up truckfest anyway, so staying the weekend and giving a helping hand should be nice.

Glad he's ok. Let me know whe the Paypal is up or maybe i can come to ATL and help out.

im glad to help out, let me know when the build up is and i will check my schedule for conflictions. also let me know when the donation account is set up. this is the first ive heard of this and am very sorry to hear it. i had a friend of mine at a LAN party fall off trying to get on the roof (as many of us had already done) but only fell about 3 feet but to a concrete ledge and broke his shin bone is half and it broke skin too... we had the EMT's rush out and take him to the hospital, he was in a cast for 8 weeks atleast and 6 months of recovey. i hope you get better and back on your feet asap Tim.

Just spoke with Tim for a bit. Aside from being boared and no computer, seems to be in high spirits.

Tim, I hope you get to feeling better soon. No computer would definately be a bummer.

Matt, please post the work weekend dates when you get the details worked out.

Just spoke with Tim for a bit. Aside from being boared and no computer, seems to be in high spirits.

Wow. What happened to the computer?

Keep us updated on the pay pal and the dates for the fence. I have put up a couple. Need to know the date though.

im there... my girlfriend just left me and i had to find a place to live and its me and the dog against the world now and i have no money but i sure got lotsa time..... i think an atl trip is in order, we need to set a date so i can ask off of work

Wow. Tim, I hope you get better soon man.

I'll probably be down to help build the fence. I live about 30 minutes from Tim. Keep us posted on when you plan on doing this.

matt give tim my phone number if he wants i am in atlanta right now if him or rebecca need anything. obviously i have my computer if he needs it.

Back