• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Rims and Tires

justjeeps

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Has anyone ever used 15" rims, which were standard size in the earlier years on a newer XJ that used 16" rims as the standard size? I have a 2000 XJ Classic and have someone looking to get rid of a set of factory aluminum 15" rims with BF Goodrich all-terrain KO's. I wondered if there would be any clearance issues with the smaller rims. I currently have the factory 16" aluminum rims with 225/70-16 tires.

Has anyone ever used 15" rims, which were standard size in the earlier years on a newer XJ that used 16" rims as the standard size? I have a 2000 XJ Classic and have someone looking to get rid of a set of factory aluminum 15" rims with BF Goodrich all-terrain KO's. I wondered if there would be any clearance issues with the smaller rims. I currently have the factory 16" aluminum rims with 225/70-16 tires.

The larger wheels were purely cosmetic. You will have no issues going back down to 15".

I've got factory 15" wheels wrapped in 235/75/R15 BFG ATs on my 2000 XJ, no problems.

Yes there's an 01 in my driveway with factory 15" rims from a 93, though it never at any time had 16 inch rims. 15">16"

Back