• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Flares

Front Ends and Rear Ends are Different. Bumpers mostly. The Front on a '97+ is more Rounded Off at the Top of the Fenders but I do not Think that would be an Issue with Flares but the Rear Bumper would be for Aftermarket Fender Flairs for Pre '96 Xjs.

Added from Instructions: http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/36751.pdf

IMPORTANT NOTE IF INSTALLING THIS APPLICATION ON A 96-UP VEHICLE:
YOU WILL NEED TO MODIFY THE REAR BUMPER COVER AND TAKE CAUTION
NOT TO DRILL THE WASHER FLUID RESERVOIR ON THE FRONT DRIVER SIDE.

Last edited:
Yes,

As the Instruction States, "YOU WILL NEED TO MODIFY THE REAR BUMPER COVER AND TAKE CAUTION NOT TO DRILL THE WASHER FLUID RESERVOIR ON THE FRONT DRIVER SIDE. "

BW's can be had much cheaper than Quadratech. Photos of them installed 97+can be found here Jeep forum and BW's site. They are kinda fragile. I think the best bang for the buck is rear TJ flairs.

I went with Used YJ Flares. Very Flexible and Cheap, $40. IMHO I Painted them with Shaker Can Flex Paint to Match my Trim.

30sf1b4.jpg

I went with Used YJ Flares. Very Flexible and Cheap, $40. IMHO I Painted them with Shaker Can Flex Paint to Match my Trim.

30sf1b4.jpg

Any pics of the XJ with the hood open? wanna check out that scoop.

FWIW i hate YJ or TJ flares on an XJ, looks to ghetto :gee:, but at least you got tire coverage for cheap. B

Its not very hard to cut the rear quarter piece. Or just take it off like I did and not worry about it. But like cher96 make sure not to drill through the washer fluid reservoir, thats what i did and every time I take my bushwackers off I loose about half a tank of washer fluid, but o well nothing I can do and it works just fine for me.

i have those fender flares on my 2000 xj and it was really easy to get them on and i did it when i was 15 years old. the only thing different was you have to trim that plastic bumper end on the rear

Back