• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

re fixed arms

02silverbullet

NAXJA Forum User
98 cherokee 4dr 4.0
just picked up a set of the older RE fixed upper and lower arms. how much lift are these good up to? currently running...
a 1" transfer case drop
front:
zj coils netted exactly 2"
will be adding 2" spacers tomorrow
upper and lower fixed arms, with rubber bushings except for flex joints on the lower arm axle side
plan on doing the 3/4" stock track bar relocate
rear"
bastard pack of 2 xj packs net was exactly 3.5"
but i will be removing a leaf or 2 and adding 1.5" shackles tomorrow as the rear is pretty stiff.

currently the stock track bar is limiting my axle drop, it hits the top of the bracket. will the relocate help this some?

any one know of a place to get more spring wear pads, and rebound clips that actually allow some droop?

Measure Center Hole to Center Hole on the Arms. Compare them to the Lengths Below.

4.5" Lift Arms would be Between 4 and 5" Lift Measurements
6.5" Lift Arms would be Between 6 and 7" Lift Measurements

LCA = Lower Control Arm
UCA = Upper Control Arm

Stock
LCA - 15¾"
UCA - 15"

2"
LCA - 16" Stock
UCA - 15" Stock

3"
LCA - 16" Stock
UCA - 15" Stock

4"
LCA - 16 3/8"
UCA - 15"

5"
LCA - 16 5/8"
UCA - 15¼"

6"
LCA - 17"
UCA - 15½"

98 cherokee 4dr 4.0
just picked up a set of the older RE fixed upper and lower arms. how much lift are these good up to? currently running...
a 1" transfer case drop
front:
zj coils netted exactly 2"
will be adding 2" spacers tomorrow
upper and lower fixed arms, with rubber bushings except for flex joints on the lower arm axle side
plan on doing the 3/4" stock track bar relocate
rear"
bastard pack of 2 xj packs net was exactly 3.5"
but i will be removing a leaf or 2 and adding 1.5" shackles tomorrow as the rear is pretty stiff.

currently the stock track bar is limiting my axle drop, it hits the top of the bracket. will the relocate help this some?

any one know of a place to get more spring wear pads, and rebound clips that actually allow some droop?
At 4" of lift you should have a adjustable trac bar.and my fixed RE lowers are 16" eye to eye.like chart states, you want lowers around 16 3/8,maybe ad some shims to push it out more. the upper arms should be good to go.

Back