• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Zombie escape vehicle

98_XJ_Classic

NAXJA Forum User
I am rebuilding my jeep to be my ZOMBIE ESCAPE VEHICLE or zev if you will. I need some ideas on what a jeep of that purpose would need to have, Im thinking a full role cage but thats as far as I have gotten any ideas would be great!

How is the roll cage related to zombies? If the zombies flip your vehicle and you are trapped upside down surrounded by zombies you are kinda screwed. I would save the weight for better MPG(gas is gonna be key) and the added weight of supplies, water is heavy.

A ZEV to me is something to get you out of town as quick and reliable as possible. You want something that will go a pretty long distance on a single tank of gas, assume you have to get out without stopping for fuel. You need to haul a lot of gear which is heavy, you'll need some HD suspension to handle the load and not bottom you out. You'll wants lots of light to see what's going on and be able to turn them all off/on quick so you don't attract zombie/human attention. You'll want a nice quiet exhaust to again not bring any unwanted attention. Gotta count on the panicked humans seeing your nice ride and wanted to steal or just get in. You need reinforced windows, caged or just sheet metaled over with ports. You want good locks too to again help keep you inside safely. Maybe some ports in the floor so you could drop grenades or other goodies from while driving. A good communications setup and the battery power to make it run.

I would also figure, a nice zombie plow bumper would be high on the list. Roof hatch to pop out of and shoot or escape with. A mountaineer rack in the back to help organize and hold your supplies with a detachable cargo net separator to allow easy access to the back if needed. Maybe an integrated easily fillable water tank that can be filled from inside or out. Something that takes up a lot of the little nook and crannies that other wise would be dead space.

This is what Ive got so far in my ZEV build.
003.jpg

IMGP0885.jpg

IMGP0886.jpg

And My Zombie Killing TooL!!!
model94.jpg

Last edited:
The 770 is a cheaply built gun if you want cheap look at the Savage axis or Mossberg atr 100 the quality is a little better. If you want Remington then the 700 model is top notch, a little more expensive but you won.t regret you purchase>
Lonny

okay so far here is what I have come up with (along with help from you guys and my friends, we are watching the walking dead) 5 daylighters along the top, 2 fogs on the bumper, custom made front bumper (with winch) rear bumper and roof rack, a roll cage with a cage around the rear two windows and the lift gate window. an escape hatch in front of the rear seats, a hatch on the roof above the cargo area, water tanks in the nooks and crannys in the rear, jerry can racks on the side, and a secret toy for the roof and the front bumper that ill show when I finish :). Keep in mind my jeep will be 1 of 3 in a convoy, one is for people only and the other is for gas and supplies.

The 770 is a cheaply built gun if you want cheap look at the Savage axis or Mossberg atr 100 the quality is a little better. If you want Remington then the 700 model is top notch, a little more expensive but you won.t regret you purchase>
Lonny
What he said. The 700 is the way to go for an accurate, long distance, bolt action rifle. The 770 feels like junk when you're operating the bolt. It honestly feels like plastic. I've heard of guys needing barrels after 1000 rounds. It wouldn't be a bad back-up rifle or even a first rifle, but realistically, you're talking about a zombie apocalypse. You're going to need something that is virtually indestructible, capable of rapid firing and reliable as the day is long. AK47 and never look back.

Keep in mind my jeep will be 1 of 3 in a convoy, one is for people only and the other is for gas and supplies.
Why rely on multiple vehicles? Each vehicle should hold a smaller amount of people and the supplies that group would need. In the unlikely event of a zombie apocalypse combined with the likely event of vehicles getting seperated/stolen/zombified, You'd end up in a car full of people with no supplies :helpme:

Why rely on multiple vehicles? Each vehicle should hold a smaller amount of people and the supplies that group would need. In the unlikely event of a zombie apocalypse combined with the likely event of vehicles getting seperated/stolen/zombified, You'd end up in a car full of people with no supplies :helpme:

Yea, don't rely on a support vehicle. In a mad rush you will likely become separated from the others and you will need to be self reliant. Or, you may just not like the other people and want to leave them as zombie bait.

I like the zombie bait idea, but i don't know if I have the heart. I started hunting with a muzzle loader always have (maybe once or twice with a 12 gauge) and I wanted to try a rifle this season thats why I was looking at the 770, but i might as well get the 700 if I like it I dont want to have to buy another. Also my dad gave me his SKS last year thats my zombie weapon of choice (and maybe my compound)

OOKAY after reading this i am looking for my TIN FOIL hat again.LOL.If or when this happens i don't think you'll need a car as much as you think you would.I would think you would need something bigger and stronger.IE TANK comes to mind.LOL

This is fun to read

Check out TheCaptin's build he has a zombie build going on... He is the go to guy for zombified XJs

Let's see,..

For zombie(or any other kind of )apocalypse:

-Seriously low COG build. 2" lift maximum.
-Run-flat tires, maybe a custom rim that can take the Hummer H-1 wheel inserts.
-Roof rack delete. There should be nothing to get a grip on the top of the truck.
-Push bars on the front. Strong enough to nose up to a disabled vehicle(like a 3-ton pickup burned to the bare rims),drop in 4-low, and brute-force push it out of the way without damaging the nose.
-Some kind of armor on the windows. Expanded metal would do,.. something like the border patrol uses.
-Modified or shaved door handles. Maybe solenoid operated, whatever design used, anyone outside the vehicle doesn't have a hand hold or way to enter the vehicle.
-Oversize fuel tank. 30+ gallons.
(now for the fun part)
-Multi-fuel engine. Should be able to run any kind of diesel, kero, jet, veg oil, rendered pig fat, etc.
-Shielded electronics.(good luck with this one)
-Multi-band com radio.
-On-board potable water storage with pump and filter system.
-HVAC mods: cabin should be over-pressured, exterior air intakes filtered-at least HEPA, better if possible.

Probably should have a matching trailer:
-Trailer should be very low weight-less then 500lb empty if possible.
-Duplicate fuel and water storage in/under trailer.
Tow and trailer share tires. Trailer carries 2 spares, XJ carries one.

All gear/supplies storage split between tow vehicle and trailer. If you have to dump the trailer, you don't loose all fuel/water/etc. All the tools should be stored in the XJ.

Probably wouldn't be that great off-road. A solid trail rider, but too low/too much crap, too low on the nose to work well in rocks and hard trails.

If you want Remington then the 700 model is top notch, a little more expensive but you won.t regret you purchase>
Lonny

^this

Paint a 3 on the side and roll out :D

Back