• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZERO oil pressure, What can I expect to find??

Im inclined to agree. I thought about trying to tear into the pump further...however, I wouldnt know what I was looking at. Never had to tear an oil pump apart to diagnose a failure.

Ok fellas, here are some "so-so" pics of the rod bearings. They were in need of replacement. So Im kinda glad that I ended up replacing everything.

The set in no particular order...
S6000606.jpg

The avg. appearance of all the tops...
S6000608.jpg

The avg. appearance of all the bottoms...
S6000609.jpg

Sorry I didnt get you all some better pictures. It was nice out and I wanted to take my other car out for alittle while before it rained. They all pretty much looked the same.

J.

Hey guys...something I forgot to get your opinion on. All over the info I looked up on breaking in an engine was with major replacement of parts... I couldnt find anything on just breaking in new bearings.

On the first fire up, I let it sit and idle up to temp for about 10-15 minutes. Then I shut it down for the night. The next day I went for an easy drive up to temp, then let it sit for the night. Ever since Ive been driving it around. Not real long trips, and Ive been taking it pretty easy.

My thoughts were to run it like this for about 500 miles, then change the oil and filter. Does anyone agree/disagree with this? Should I change it sooner/later??

Figured 500miles was a good mark, and Ide just take it easy on it til then.

Justin

Back