• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yucaipa M&G 1-31-08

The mountains around P.S. are wilderness... the Coachella Valley has been getting hit HARD by off-road patrols... pretty much all the way down to the north end of the Salton Sea.
There are old trails, but all are closed... :bawl:
I know of one local guy who tried to out run the patrol and wound up in a 2+ hour chase got T boned by the patrol... pepper sprayed... took off again and couldn't lose the patrol... he was finally arrested, bike impounded... all kinds of charges & fines. :shocked:
It sucks out here now... they have ATV & UTV task-forces with nice 5th wheel toy-haulers... they just camp out and set up stings...

So no there's not much around Palm Springs...

Curt

Wow, that sucks. Well it seems that question has been answered. Wasn't really the answer I was anticipating, but at least I finally know.

i might make the M & G, but probably not. Thomas hunting grounds is behind angelus oaks, not much there for real wheelin, but they do have some yellow pole campsites. Skwerly, i finally went red - if i get my rig up this weekend, & these guys find a place to run, u can ride w/ me

If nobody knows of any good trails that are somewhat near Yucaipa, then we could always hit up John Bull and just push the meeting time at the park back like an hour. Just a thought.

Last edited:
there's a couple spots off greenspot rd/newport that can get interesting - skwerly has been there before - but JB would be a good idea too - or even better deep creek

there's a couple spots off greenspot rd/newport that can get interesting - skwerly has been there before - but JB would be a good idea too - or even better deep creek

I have only been on the Deep Creek trail once a couple of years ago. I don't remember much about, so it would kinda be like a new trail. I would definately be up for that.

I have only been on the Deep Creek trail once a couple of years ago. I don't remember much about, so it would kinda be like a new trail. I would definately be up for that.

If we're gonna go up the hill, which I was hoping not to, we could do clarks summit. I will have to dig out my trail books and see if there is something we can do thats of the 10 somewhere. I remember seeing some in the Joshua Tree NF.

If we're gonna go up the hill, which I was hoping not to, we could do clarks summit. I will have to dig out my trail books and see if there is something we can do thats of the 10 somewhere. I remember seeing some in the Joshua Tree NF.

Is Clarks Summit back behind Angeles Oaks or is that Clarks Grade? If we were going to be heading into the Angeles Oaks area, we could met up at my place and go from there. I am in Forest Falls.

EDIT: IF I am stepping on someones toes for suggesting ideas, please feel free to let me know. I am kinda new to this site and brand new to the M&G thing and I am not fully up to par with all the norms and rules.

Last edited:
Clarks Summit/Grade, whatever it is called, yes it is there behind Angeles Oaks and no your not stepping on anyones toes. I just thought it might be fun to go for a ride before the M&G.

I also did some looking into San Jacinto and there seems to be a few places we can check out there.

Bee Canyon 5s07
Indian Trail 4s21

That is if we want to explore San Jacinto Mtns. a litle.

Is Clarks Summit back behind Angeles Oaks or is that Clarks Grade? If we were going to be heading into the Angeles Oaks area, we could met up at my place and go from there. I am in Forest Falls.

EDIT: IF I am stepping on someones toes for suggesting ideas, please feel free to let me know. I am kinda new to this site and brand new to the M&G thing and I am not fully up to par with all the norms and rules.

Either place is fine with me. I cleared my schedule for the morning and afternoon, so I am definately in. We just need to set a place and time and go with it.

Clarks Summit/Grade, whatever it is called, yes it is there behind Angeles Oaks and no your not stepping on anyones toes. I just thought it might be fun to go for a ride before the M&G.

I also did some looking into San Jacinto and there seems to be a few places we can check out there.

Bee Canyon 5s07
Indian Trail 4s21

That is if we want to explore San Jacinto Mtns. a litle.

Check with the rangers I read on a board that they shut down a few trails up there because the rain and snow did some damage and made some unsafe conditions out that way

X2 on Newport Rd.
Havent been out there in a while but last I went there were a couple of sweet notches/hills. Oh... and theres always mud there.

So, is Greenspot/Newport what we are going to do? We can head out in the morning. How 'bout we meet at the 7-11 on Yucaipa blvd and 14th st around 9:00am?

So far I have XJFrankie, Bhicks and myself all in for sure.

we have Heep Nomad, Skwerly, Cruiserhead as possibles

Any others going to make it to the M&G or the mud run at Greenspot?

Just making sure. We are meeting at the 7-11 on Yucaipa Blvd. at 9:00 AM this Saturday?

Back