• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Your Favorite Tire

RKBA said:
Assuming a DD/light trail machine; not in any particular order:

Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTX

Big O Bigfoot XT

loved both these tires. big o xt's are available in many 'off-brand' names also. I would have them on my xj if I could find them locally. The mtx's have performed very well on the xj so far.

I like siping on my tires just from the angle of rain, snow, ice traction in DD situations. Its also beneficial on rocks, hard packed clay and mud, creek beds.

Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo. Great on road performance in the snow and rain. Fair off road performance but that not why I bought them. Excellent in the wear catagory. Highly recommend.

Adam

JaMMin2525 said:
i agree those will most likely be my next tires but 32x15, they are also cheaper than bfg at ko's and do look better imho. If that doesnt work out though im going to be putting on some of those new cooper discover STT's those are some hot tires and they have gotten great reviews!

I think youll be happy with the Toyos. Just remember they are an AT and you will never get the mud traction you will with a mud terrain, or those coopers your considering. I havent had a chance yet to have them in the snow or winter conditions, but im sure theyll do just as good as they do everywehre else.

super swamper boggers...they wear like sh!t,but get loads more traction for all types of offroading than they get credit for...not to mention they look SWEET!!!

I've run just about every kind and brand of M/T radial over the last 18yrs on my trucks (early Bronco, Toyota p/u and now an XJ). My favorite for off road would have to be the TrXus M/Ts but for all around (my vehicles are daily drivers as well) would be the Dunlop Radial Rover RVs. I've gone through 2 sets on my Bronco that were thoroughly abused off road (beat the hell out of the sidewalls....no cuts) and delivered in excess of 50,000 miles of daily duty as well. Too bad they stopped making them in 35s.........Hans

Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's or BFG A/T's for street...

TSL/LTB for trails. Its muddy alot here in Illinois and the LTB's did not let me down. They sure do sing on the road too.

For the road. Pirelli Scorpions. I ran aset of A/Ss forever (couldn't wear them out) and replaced them with A/Ts, they're on the ZJ now. The A/Ts are the quietest all terrains ever, they wear like iron and stick like glue. I run BFG ATs on the XJ now because there are so few 33x10.50s. I thought I would need trail tires, nope, everything except mud, which I avoid, they're awesome.

--Matt

JaMMin2525 said:
i agree those will most likely be my next tires but 32x15, they are also cheaper than bfg at ko's and do look better imho. If that doesnt work out though im going to be putting on some of those new cooper discover STT's those are some hot tires and they have gotten great reviews!

cooper stt
discovererSTT2.jpg

Toyo Open Country AT's
wpwheeltoyoopencountryatbig.jpg
Cooper ST, and STT are both very good tires.

My favorite is the ST on and off road good!

egon said:
For the road. Pirelli Scorpions. I ran aset of A/Ss forever (couldn't wear them out) and replaced them with A/Ts, they're on the ZJ now. The A/Ts are the quietest all terrains ever, they wear like iron and stick like glue. I run BFG ATs on the XJ now because there are so few 33x10.50s. I thought I would need trail tires, nope, everything except mud, which I avoid, they're awesome.

--Matt

I have a quick question, why do you need 7" of lift for that narrow 33". No offense, but it must look kinda well......

But back on topic, if you have the room or plan on putting a 2"-3" lift on, throw some 31" trxus MT's on it, they are a true 31" and will actually look bigger than some 33"s. They are the best overall around DD tire on the market. Will drive and wheel circles around MTR's, BFG MT's and any other AT on the market. I just stepped up to the 35" varity and even without getting them balanced, they are still as quite as a bfg at. Granted the ride gets a little bumpy at 55 but it does smooth out around 65-70. I plan on getting a set of centramatics in the next few weeks and then never worry about balancing again. The only thing you really have to do to keep a trxus mt alive and wearing well is rotate them religiously and keep them at pressure. I just got almost 60K on a set of 33" and they still had at least 1/8 left.

Back