• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yldiz Shotguns

Remington 870. That is all.

Ruger Red Label O/U SS!!!

the 870 "Tactical" is pretty nice. Short barrel, extended tube mag, "breaching" tip on the barrel, pistol grip, etc. They make them in digi camo patterns and black.
But, theyre expensive.

Look around your local gun stores, pawn shops, etc. You should be able to find a nice gun for ~2-300 if you look...

not sure the model number but mossberg makes a damn good gun. i found mine used for 275..my semi auto 12 works flawlessly. even with the 3 1/2 mags in it...unloads every one without jamming. every time. but i still use my remington 870 more even though its alot heavier.

I like my mossberg 590, it never gives me any problems.

I have found the remington 870 to have cycling issues during any type of rapidfire

Mossberg 500 is a lot cheaper and functions almost forever. I have been shooting the same 12ga since I was 16 and have never had an issue. 1000's of rounds through it. All parts are easy to swap and cleaning is very. Big 5 has great sales on them.

No one has a Yldiz O/U? Academy has them for $399. I'm interested in a light weight double, but I don't have the $1500-$2000 for a Baretta. I've read the the Yldiz is a good solid gun, but wanted to see if any of you had any experience with them.

Thanks

Are you a supporter of the Middle-east?Try and buy parts for it!

They are made in Turkey. They have a 3 year warranty and repairs can be done by Briley in Houston. I was checking them out at the store. Much nicer than other doubles in the same price range.

Are you a supporter of the Middle-east?Try and buy parts for it!

Let me guess the Japanese bombed pearl harbor so stay away from Seiko, Honda, Suzuki, Sony.....

Oh - and the things the Germans did during that same period means we omit BMW, Maggi, Colgate, Britta, Braun, Knorr.....

Them rascally Russians.....
The French......
The British - cuz' sometimes they did not agree with us.....
How about things made in New England - them Damn Yankees!.....

A friend of mine bought one for his son from Academy. The finish seems decent for the price. They took it on a quail hunt a couple months ago and his boy hit damn near every quail that he aimed at. So it shoots pretty good. Only thing I didn't like was how stiff the action was whenever you break it open. Other than that it's a solid shooter. :thumbup:

For that kind of price go for it, just curious though, how long has academy been a rep for them ? I had never heard of them before now.
Personally I have a Winchester 1300 pump, came with two barrels, rifled slug and 26" with interchangeable choke setup. I seem to remember paying under $350 for it a few years ago.

I am about to buy a 12g Mossberg myself. Need to fire some 3" for duck hunting.

Back