• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ Brake line install

Tommy4949 said:
I had to grind off a little on the part that connects to the caliper. quote]

I am starting to think the GM lines are the way to go. What exactly did you have to grind off on the connection to the caliper. I understand moving the mount tab up to the top of the line and making the bolt hole for that tab larger...but what needs to be done at the caliper? Looks like a standard connection. The extra length of the GM lines will be beneficial in the long run (I am at 4" now and soon 5.5") and the smaller length of "hard line" seems to be a better bet. Any more opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the help!

Peregrine said:
Tommy4949 said:
I had to grind off a little on the part that connects to the caliper. quote]

I am starting to think the GM lines are the way to go. What exactly did you have to grind off on the connection to the caliper. I understand moving the mount tab up to the top of the line and making the bolt hole for that tab larger...but what needs to be done at the caliper? Looks like a standard connection. The extra length of the GM lines will be beneficial in the long run (I am at 4" now and soon 5.5") and the smaller length of "hard line" seems to be a better bet. Any more opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the help!

Here is where I had to grind in red...
untitled-1.jpg

But check it first. I also had to drill out the hole a little in the GM brake line mount to fit the frame rail mount bolt from the original hose. Hope that makes sense.

Also, I might have used the right side hose on the left and vise-versa. Just check both hoses for a best fit.

EDIT: They are plenty long enough. It seems they are about 5-8 inches longer than stock. I have a 4.5 - 5" lift and I have plenty of slack.

Back