• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yet another problem...brake lights

little red cheroke said:
dont mean to but in on anybody elses thread but I also have a brake light problem, actually i think i have an electrical problem on my whole passenger side. when I open my passenger side door (eaither front or rear) my rear running light lights up dimmly. Also when my passenger doors are open, my dome light gets dim if i press the brake pedel. my passenger side brake light and turn signal are far more dim than then the driver side. my passenger side turn signal works fine untill i press the break pedel then it flashes really fast like the bulb is dead. my passenger side reverse light works fine untill i press the break pedel and then it goes out. I thought it might be a bulb problem so I took all the bulbs out of the passenger side (front and rear) and put them on the driver side and nothing changed. i have no idea where to start......

Grounds on the right side. Look for loose connectors in the right kick panel.

Mike R

also my speaker in my passenger door will stop working for a week or so and then itll work fine i wouldnt think this would be a problem with a ground in the tail lights and it seems kinda wierd that every thing is messed up on that side

this happend to me, and when i took the bulbs out i noticed a small peice of metal in there and it was grounging it out, after that i replaced the burnt bulb and it been fine.

before i did this the lights were crazy when i hit the brakes my parking lights would come on, and when i turned on the head light the tail lights would be dim but would not get brighter when i appled the brakes

little red cheroke said:
right kick panel....front or rear??

Front where the harness plugs into the Junction/fuse box. The speaker issue might be a seperate problem common with 97-01's of the wire breaking in the door harness.

Mike R

Back