• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ's in the movies?!?!?

There was a TV movie made about the Enron scandal and the main guy had a green XJ.

Also you can see an XJ covered in dust in the TV documentary about FDNY and the 9-11 attacks which aired in 2002.

24 season 6, episode 3 has Jack Bauer "borrowing" a white 97+ base model 2wd? 4door (with the 8.25) and doing some fun stuff. obviously has upgraded springs/shocks, although they kept the stock cheapo steel wheels. the seats aren't stock, either. I love freeze frame!

Jack says "Jeep Cherokee" in the episode, I'm gonna save that. :-D

Tom Hanks must like XJ's cuz he also drove away in one in the movie "Cast Away". He and his wife (Helen Hunt) drove it to the airport when he go onto the plane that took him to Russia.

He later picked it back up from here once he was rescued and back home.

My Xj has been in the news a couple of times, for ilegal offroading haha. I got stuck behind a Low's and the cops showed up. Then I cut a new path off of the highway because of bad traffic and a stock wj was right behind me but he got stuck, a cop just happened to be in the parking lot that was right off the highway and tried to give me a ticket, but he tore it up when i pulled the guy out.

On monday night in the third episode of 24 there's gonna be a 97+ white XJ with black trim. In the commercial it was hauling ass and tearing it up in a chase scene.

PDeeXJ said:
On monday night in the third episode of 24 there's gonna be a 97+ white XJ with black trim. In the commercial it was hauling ass and tearing it up in a chase scene.

yup... excellent stuff.

whatevah said:
24 season 6, episode 3 has Jack Bauer "borrowing" a white 97+ base model 2wd? 4door (with the 8.25) and doing some fun stuff. obviously has upgraded springs/shocks, although they kept the stock cheapo steel wheels. the seats aren't stock, either. I love freeze frame!

Jack says "Jeep Cherokee" in the episode, I'm gonna save that. :-D

i cant wait to see that scene, i was flying around the turns in there, i think i even saw him break the back wheels loose in the previews for it!!!

There were lots of Jeeps/AMCs in Back to the Future.

They were all in the begining of the movie when Marty is with his gf by the clock tower.

I think there was a Grand Wagoneer, XJ and an AMC Eagle station wagon.

Not a Jeep, but I'd have to say that the black 1985 Toyota 4X4 pickup in the movie was badass. It was the last year of solid axles and the first year a fuel injection.

MoparRobbie said:
anyone have a screen cap or pic handy of the XJ coveredin dust at WTC? That would make a pretty decent desktop pic.

Just watch the Documentary about FDNY / WTC that the French guys did. Go to YouTube. It's split up into segments, but if you watch one of them after the towers fell, there IS An XJ covered with dust parked on the side of the street. Maybe you can do a screen cap and then use it as a desktop?

EDIT - Yes, the black Toyota was awesome.

There is one in you me and dupree and in dumb and dumber

I think the best one was the scene in the Goonies. When you watch it, there are several close-ups of the interior, but the best is when Mama stops on the beach and announces: "Have trust in your ol' mother boys! Throw it into four-wheel drive and hold onto your hats!" And then she engages 4-hi and proceeds to leave all the other trucks lookin silly.

The scenes in Cast Away were good, but Tom Hanks kept referring to his XJ as a car.:confused1

Now that I think of it, there was one that was blown up/burned in one of the first Diagnosis Murder episodes, an early H.O. Limited IIRC, then there was one in the Highlander series when that was shot in France that was very close to the Ronin XJ in apearance, there was also a "cop" one that was destroyed in one of the post NBC Viper episodes, and finally I seem to remember a 2.8l XJ on nitrous that ran and hid from KITT in an episode of Nightrider.

I believe there is one in 'The Village' when the girl goes to the road and finds the road... the ranger finds her... haven't seen it in awhile though... and the episode of 24 was already mentioned.. Also, there is a Grand Waggy in 'Without a Paddle' .

Back