• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj to an mj

DSC_7521.JPG
DSC_7520.JPG

im going to pick up another hood and skin it a little differently so it sits on top of the centerline of the tube... instead of the inside.. probably help with wind noise dust and mud.. going to run the truck lite 7 inch led heads and high visibility arrow blinkers in front.. The rear i was able to set back the rear crossmember enough to allow me to stuff a winch back there and keep it sticking out no farther than 5 inches from the original crossmember datum. perrty stoked about that.. wish i could bend the bottem but wont clear the winch so it will have to stay square.. i also am making the two ends permanent and the center will be removable ie 3/8 countersunk allens.... i did make reliefs on top for quick access if need for the clutch and wiring connections.. have to do a remote selinoid but no biggie...

Garret, i guess i took your advice without even knowing it and remade the grill.. and got the heads out in the corners.. looking forward to watching your build come to life.. let me know if i can help

Is the grill much taller than stock or is it just the camera? Seems really tall, which I think is throwing all of the designs off.

It probably looks higher (the grill), because there isnt the roll pan effect of a stock front clip. Only a slight slope, but still a flat peice of metal.

I think it looks like a cattle catcher from a train.
To cleanup those countersunk bolt holes, just spin a countersink bit in a drill, and just blip the trigger for a nice quick deburr. I can see those little chunkies getting pulled into the threads, or between the peices, causing them to not pull together 100% tight.

Thanks for the progress pics, love fallowing the build.

Thanks you guys,I'm really happy with the front end. We will see how it looks when I finish it .. I'm really stoked to see all the positive feed back. Thanks again guys

i have to agree, i was going for a tj ish front end.. but it failed... but as with many faliures come success... and the beautiful part its removable ...lol i can always come up with something better... the biggest problem was making it street legal and look good...

Back