• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Sliders

CommandoXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
These were built 3 years ago and beat on a little; so they could use a fresh coat of paint. My buddy allen (engineer at ballistic fabrication now) built these and they have been very good to me, but I may be doing a boatside of some kind now. They mount 13 places a side; 2 runners to the frame with 4 self tappers on each, as well as 5 points a side on each pinch seam. Also, if I remember correctly they are made out of 3/16" thick square stock (under rocker) and rectangular stock(frame runners) and Sched.40 pipe on the outer portion to protect the doors.

asking 200$ obo, located 2 miles south of the UofA.
Pic1:
http://upload8.postimage.org/422551/photo_hosting.html
pic2:
9123_1176168037277_1020360135_30556295_7047677_n.jpg

Last edited:
And sold! Hopefully Z06guy will be beating on them thoroughly!

I'll try. Although it's a bit like closing the barn door after the horses have already got out. I'm covering and protected dented rockers. Oh well. First I have to install them...... so I have a dumb question to ask. One end is caped off square, while the other has an angle. I assume the angled side goes to the front? That's the only thing I see that makes them side specific.

I'll try. Although it's a bit like closing the barn door after the horses have already got out. I'm covering and protected dented rockers. Oh well. First I have to install them...... so I have a dumb question to ask. One end is caped off square, while the other has an angle. I assume the angled side goes to the front? That's the only thing I see that makes them side specific.

Yeah, angled to the front; the front runners are a bit shorter as well to follow the frame/body lines so the outsides and pinch seam runners all line up.

Back