• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ has vibration in the rear after 3" lift, but only when coasting/letting off gas

ericfx1984

NAXJA Forum User
XJ has vibration in the rear after 3" lift, but only when coasting/letting off gas

also has a slight rubbing kind of sound

Re: XJ has vibration in the rear after 3" lift, but only when coasting/letting off ga

Have you checked your d-shaft angle? How old are u-joints?

Re: XJ has vibration in the rear after 3" lift, but only when coasting/letting off ga

your slip yoke may be riding to far out on your output shaft but first check what Johnnie Walker said

more info?

yr, engine/tranny/what did you do along with the lift/etc...

t case drop did it... I already had shims in the rear... the thickest part was about 1/8" maybe a bit more

I had a similar issue with my 98 and it only had a 2.5 inch lift. I'd let off the gas and could really feel a bad vibe. Crawled under the jeep and could actually wobble the slip yoke. Bought a longer shaft with a double cardan and all vibes are gone.

I'm putting a new lift on this weekend and I will most likely be getting rid of the one I have. Not sure if it would work for you or not. I have a 242 and will probably be going to
hack and tap set up.

I had the same vibes issues. I put on a RE CV shaft and Hack-N-Tap. Been running it 3 years with not one issue *knocks on wood*.

probably be going to hack and tap set up.

I know there is some skeptics out there about the Hack-N-Tap setup, but it's worked great for me and is alot more wallet friendly for someone on a budget. :thumbup:

I reduced a decel vibe just like yours on my first XJ with a pair of RE 1464 2.5 degree shims. I had a 1" TC drop and stock driveshaft.

Back