• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj dana44

Çrestfa||en

NAXJA Forum User
I've gotten more interested in the xj dana44 recently and I've got a question on the driveshaft length. I've got the np242 and will be at 3inches of lift by the time I swap axles. Is my driveshaft going to be too long because of the inch longer pinion in the dana 44 and if so how much of a problem will it be? I figure I could take the driveshaft from the donor vehical that provided the 44 if need be.

I can't help you but...

Good luck on that driveshaft on a doner vehicle..I've ran into a few at bone yards and every single one of them has a toasted driveshaft! (Idiot tow truck drivers)

At 3" your stock shaft should be okay. Any higher than that you can swap in an XJ front drive shaft in the rear and it will work. Get both donor shafts from the other vehicle and you should be just fine.

The difference in the pinion length is an inch. Since there is some room for variation in the slip splines, you're current shaft should be fine. At five to six inches of lift, the driveline is the perfect length (when swapping from D35 to D44), so at 3" you're not far off.

Back