• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ CAD Drawings

HaZakated said:
Here is the link to the Solid Works approximate 3d model. It requires some detail work, but the majority of work is already done. I am just going to take a few measurments from the XJ and detail the model right. I will also add a floorpan and interior to it.

Can you save the files as Solidworks 2003 and send them to me? It won't let me open them with my older version.

Thanks for posting that. I'll have to fire up my other machine that I think has solidworks on it. I just did a reformat on this one and haven't got around to installing everything.

Here's what I got done tonight.

Johnny Joint Exploded view:

JohnnyJointExploded.jpg

Fully Assembled Johnny Joint:

JohnnyJoint.jpg

Still working on getting it fully movable.

Blue XJ said:
Can you save the files as Solidworks 2003 and send them to me? It won't let me open them with my older version.

It is a SW 2001 file; it should work. Also...SW does not have the capabilty of saving as older file formats. The ability to save as older file fomats is a very nice feature of Auto Desk.

Sorry.

I should be able to open it then, maybe 2003 can't open 2001 files?? I'll keep trying.

STL files are typically STEP neutral files for solid modeling. I use Alibre, same graphics engine (ACIS) as Solidworks and Solid Edge, which I have used for importing and exporting DXF, DWG and have imported STL files from Mechanical Desktop as well as Inventor.

how hard is it to draw pics like that, i have been thinking of getting a CAD program but thought i might get in over my country boy head and not be able to to any thing with it. i am wanting to get a program to make bumpers control arms and other thing cuase i cant draw at thought this might be the way to go any sugg. would help.

sniper4x42002 try google sketchup. It's really easy, and a great way to dip your toes first. Plus, it's free. It's not a full fledged CAD program that allows movement and stuff, but still.

I know it's the only way a CAD program fit's MY budget anyway.

i gave the sketchup a shot and it will take some time to figure out. how long does it take to build pics like those. that program should do me just fine and it was free thanks a bunch now i just have to figure it out. :farmer:

Back