• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ-5 Grille Build

i'm voting for the perforated metal grill because i haven't seen one, it's easier DIY and it might look cool. if you put the perf metal behind the outer piece it would be easy to test it out but change it if you don't like.

were you thinking the perf metal would be shiny/chromed or black?

i'm voting for the perforated metal grill because i haven't seen one, it's easier DIY and it might look cool. if you put the perf metal behind the outer piece it would be easy to test it out but change it if you don't like.

were you thinking the perf metal would be shiny/chromed or black?

It would also restrict air flow... it'd look cool, but hinder air flow...

Curt

I like the first one because you KNOW its a jeep when you see it. Then again I never thought I would own a "square" headlight jeep since I am a die hard Willys guy. Doing a good job, keep it up!

I think the lights sunken in on that dark blue XJ are what make it look off, old jeeps always stuck out like what your doing so I think the look is going to be way different, cant wait for a shot of it on the rig.....even if its not finished hint :wave: hint

I like the first one because you KNOW its a jeep when you see it. Then again I never thought I would own a "square" headlight jeep since I am a die hard Willys guy. Doing a good job, keep it up!

I think the lights sunken in on that dark blue XJ are what make it look off, old jeeps always stuck out like what your doing so I think the look is going to be way different, cant wait for a shot of it on the rig.....even if its not finished hint :wave: hint

I don't know how soon its gonna get bolted on. I still have the old body style fenders and probably wont put it on until i get new ones to replace them.

I did a little photoshop of it with a round, mesh grille. I kinda dig it but i'm still torn. I cant decide! :doh:

grille.jpg

slots slots slots slots slots slots!!!!!!

:D

I don't know how soon its gonna get bolted on. I still have the old body style fenders and probably wont put it on until i get new ones to replace them.

I did a little photoshop of it with a round, mesh grille. I kinda dig it but i'm still torn. I cant decide! :doh:

grille.jpg

This one makes me think IH Scout 800......

I dig it

filled all the little holes and got it sanded smooth today. Also took a bit of time to paint the headlight buckets. They were bothering me :rof:

05042010050.jpg

05042010053.jpg

My dad came up with an idea for the turn signals which involves turning the left and rightmost slots into the turn signals. I think it could be really cool if i smoked the lenses so they would blend in and look like a normal slot. Just another idea I cant decide on :banghead:

Good work. I think the mesh grill looks awesome, I would go for it! It will give your Jeep a completely different look too.

filled all the little holes and got it sanded smooth today. Also took a bit of time to paint the headlight buckets. They were bothering me :rof:

05042010050.jpg

05042010053.jpg

My dad came up with an idea for the turn signals which involves turning the left and rightmost slots into the turn signals. I think it could be really cool if i smoked the lenses so they would blend in and look like a normal slot. Just another idea I cant decide on :banghead:

You can also get 7" round headlights with build in signals. But who knows how good those lamps are... You're probably better off with separate signals so you can use H4 conversion housings
HL1T.jpg

Back