• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wuts this?

taco502

NAXJA Forum User
Pulled my front bumper off last night in preparation for fabbing my new one, and stuck on the inside is a softball sized plastic ball bolted to the bumper with a vacuum line attached to it, when I pulled off the line it released some pressure. I followed the line and it ended at my intake manifold. What is this? Motor kill switch? Airbag stuff? I'm skeered.

It's the vacuum reserve resevoir. If you don't have it connected you'll experience funky things like heater controls not working and God knows what else. Some people just relocate it inside the engine compartment to get it out of the way of any mods to the bumper.

Burley

Yeah I just looped the line back and mounted it somewhere else, but I just wanted to know what the F it was, but now I'm curious why it's located in the friggin bumper?

It's there so that every time you get in a wreck you need a new one :) Just mount it to the fender support brace or inside the engine compartment.

It's not a pressure reservoir, it's a vacuum reservoir.

It'll draw down again when you start the engine in a few seconds.

JUST PLUG THE LINE AND GET RID OF THAT TOILET BOWL FLOAT, I HAVE DONE THAT ON MY LAST 2 DD AND YOU CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE, PLUS WEIGHT REDUCTION:arrowr: :dunce:

I know it doesn't look big enough to do much, but that resevoir is what keeps your vaccuum smoothed out thus helping all your vaccuum-assist accessories to work better (and in the case of your brakes, more safely in the event you kill the engine). It doesn't take up THAT much room - just move it.

It is necessary for the A/C, Heater, and CC. Without it the still works ok but reduces at higher RPMS. The A/C doesn't work worth a damn without it. If you don't have or care about A/C or CC just get rid of it, Otherwise relocate it.

I heard that removing it causes "death wobble"

Back