• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: Tires!!!! 32" or 33" pleaseeeee

JeepCherokeeGuy99

NAXJA Forum User
Like the title says, I'm in need of some new tires. Looking for 32/11.5/15 or 33/12.5/15. I currently have 31/10.5/15 dunlop mud rovers on them now, 2 with 60% tread and 2 that are bald. Let me know what you have! Thanks!

-Nick

I see you're in pismo, are you romping around the dunes mostly? 12.50 is a heavy ass tire once you go for 33s and up, gunna need a lot of gear to keep from bogging you down in the sand. I run all over in the soft silty spots on my 33x10.50s aired down with no problems.

just a friendly bit of advice. I tired 12.50s and swapped back in a week, I couldn't believe how much of a difference they made to the power I was putting to the ground.

I try my best to stay away from the beach, since i work there anyway and get to thrash state owned fords there instead. But ya i know what your saying. Which is why ideally id like to get 11.5 but money is tight right now so the best deal wins lol

I have 5 32 X 11.5 X 15 BFG All Terrains Spare is new the other four have 95% or better tread. $700.00 for all with road hazard.

I see you're in pismo, are you romping around the dunes mostly? 12.50 is a heavy ass tire once you go for 33s and up, gunna need a lot of gear to keep from bogging you down in the sand. I run all over in the soft silty spots on my 33x10.50s aired down with no problems.

just a friendly bit of advice. I tired 12.50s and swapped back in a week, I couldn't believe how much of a difference they made to the power I was putting to the ground.

i went with 33x10.50 bfg at's and i love them. unless i come across a awesome deal i wont be swapping over to 12.50's

what width wheel are you guys running those 33/10.50s. OP probably has stock wheels since he said he has 31s now. with the larger diameter (33) but same width (10.5) would it be ok to run an 8 inch wheel? im kinda in the same boat here.

OP has aftermarket wheels, but I do not know the width of them.

those are 8 inch wide with a 3.31 backspace. nice wheels. were you running the 31s on those? how did they work with that width?

thanks, ya i run them with 31"s right now, soon to be 32 or 33. They work great. Didn't have to change a thing.

what width wheel are you guys running those 33/10.50s. OP probably has stock wheels since he said he has 31s now. with the larger diameter (33) but same width (10.5) would it be ok to run an 8 inch wheel? im kinda in the same boat here.

im running 15x8's, the tire seems like they look a bit over inflated even at 25-30 psi but whatever, i like the way they wheel and handle =)

here's 33x10.50's on 15x8's with 3.75 backspacing and 4" of lift
IMG_0096.jpg

believe me i tried to edit my posts but it wouldnt let me, so sorry for so many posts.
heres the better pictures i promised, their a more direct shot and you can actually see how far the back tires stick out, i think it has a pretty good stance
IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

perfect. thanks for posting the pics. pretty much made my decission. i like the way they look and the narrow road mating surface should help with power loss and such. was on the fence with 32/11.50 or 33/10.50 but after seeing those i will go with the 33s. just need to decide on gears now, 4.56 or 4.88. i dont do much fwy driving so i think im leaning toward the 4.88s. sorry to get off topic, but you helped me big time. thanks man.

yeah the contact patch on these tires is just the center, ive aired them down to 25 lbs and it still wants to look that way, i didnt want to go any lower because i felt that would compromise my stablilty and roll the tire off the bead. i tell ya what with 3.55 gears i get approx 12mpg in town and 17 mpg mostly fwy with about 40 miles of offroad fire road driving. i cant say my power loss is horrible but it is noticible. if you lived closer i'd show you in person but ur 200 miles away.

Back