• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB Running Renix

Stallacrew

NAXJA Forum User
I would LIKE to find a running Renix 4.0 for my XJ with under ~120k mi, but I know thats asking alot. Let me know what you've got.

I can travel a ways to get it, but the price will have to be pretty good to go too far.

I'm located between Huntsville and Birmingham.

I have a whole MJ ill sell ya!

1989 Jeep Comanche Eliminator 2wd shortbed black...

Motor runs fair.. 225k miles tcu is bad

You building a stroker or something? I'm originally from Hanceville, living in Birmingham now. I'd like to learn how to build a Renix 4.0. I think I might have to soon.

No, not a stroker this time. I have an Xj that needs one so I can take the one out and build it so I can have a spare. I'd love to come down and help you on a build though. I've done one and it turned out fine, but the more the better.

I'm going to pass on the MJ, but I appreciate it.

I am now opening it up to all 99- 4.0L engines. Evidently thhe HO into a Renix swap isnt as hard is it seems.

Let me know if you have anything, otherwise I will have to ravage the pullapart some weekend soon.

This is a backburner kinda thing so if you're "going to have" one in a while, just not right now, thats fine too.

Like posted last week; still in search.

I would rather spend a little extra and drive a little further to buy from a NAXJA-er that runs than go to the pull-a-part and have to go through three engine returns before I find one that fits.

If you have ANYTHING, then let me know.

--Alex

yeah i was gona suggest dougs.. it runs.. needs some work but what renix doesnt..

mark

Still looking for an engine in the AL/TN/MS/GA area.

Come on guys, no one? I went to the PAP and they had NOTHING of use.....

I'm gonna be in Missouri as of this weekend and gone for 10 days. Let me know.

Hey, Shortxjdoug has one up in Shelbyville, TN. He is out of town on business for a few weeks. It is in a mj that he is got custom plans. The header panel, radiator, etc. is off as is the hood, easy pull and he was asking 150. You might send him a pm. About 2.5 hour drive. gI over here in Moulton. I might have a savagable block, crank, rods,head, and intake laying around.
Bill

I've still got mine in the 88 manche if your're interested. Out of town for now but will be back around the end of the month. Can prolly slap a starter in there and spin it over to get some compression readings if you're interested in it.

I appreciate it guys, but Im needing just an engine, and I would prefer one that doesnt need work i.e. one out of a t-bone or rear end crash.

Still looking, Im going to pass on those for now.

Lol, I got names mixed up but ....he posted about his engine. I have seen the engine. I am betting it is good one. I actually owe him ten bucks. I probably gonna try to buy when he gets back, if I decide to put any 87 back together. I got pick up from a buddy of mine where I stored it. If I have not raid parts off it too bad, I cant remember lol. FYI, that a lot commercial ebay sellers who offer best offer and a guarantee will take a LOT less then they asking. I mean I got one for 91 shipped to my door for 312 bucks. Shipping was more then the engine came from Northeast Connecticut, I think. They wanted 300.00 and I offered 150 and they took it. I bet they go even a bit lower. It was a long block with intake and fuel rail. All it need was like starter, and alt. I believe they even sent power steering pump on mine, though it was not suppose to have one. BTW, mine fired up on first try and runs good.

Bill

Back