• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: lifty things for an MJ

shortbussrydah

NAXJA Forum User
A buddy of mine has an 88 MJ 4x4 and we are trying to slap together a 2-3" lift on a budget. Were poor college students, so free.99 is the ideal price, but we might be able to shake the coin jar if necessary.

Looking for:
Coils and/or spacers
shocks
add-a-leafs/full leafs/shackles
a poke in the eye
and C.A. drop brackets if someone has them laying around

Thanks!

You dont need CA drops at 2" . maybe at 3.5"+

I know the MJ drop brackets are slightly different than the XJ ones, but im not sure how?

mj's come with a support bracket from the factory for the lower control arm at the frame.

edit: not sure if they add a bracket that rides/sits on top of the factory bracket

Last edited:
A buddy of mine has an 88 MJ 4x4 and we are trying to slap together a 2-3" lift on a budget. Were poor college students, so free.99 is the ideal price, but we might be able to shake the coin jar if necessary.

Looking for:
Coils and/or spacers
shocks
add-a-leafs/full leafs/shackles
a poke in the eye
and C.A. drop brackets if someone has them laying around

Thanks!

MJs are spring under in the rear. Just weld on some new spring perches to the top of the axle and get some longer shocks and you are set for the rear.

MJs are spring under in the rear. Just weld on some new spring perches to the top of the axle and get some longer shocks and you are set for the rear.

That usually nets 4-5+ inches of lift when going SOA.

That usually nets 4-5+ inches of lift when going SOA.

spring over 4-5" in the MJ would be perfect in the rear , and just run some cheap 4.5" coils up front. like 30$ for perches and spend 160$ something on monotubes for the rear.

OP, you know you can get 4.5" RE coils from serious offroad on naxja for 75$ shipped I think? or mud flaps.com ? with 4.5" in the front you can order some cheap CA drop brackets and run those with stock arms and save on buying aftermarket arms. and get some good shocks and call it done. like a decent monotube, and a ZJ tie rod, and go OTk with a goferit insert and ditch the sway bars. Oh, and a HD trackbar adn bracket. serious offroad or mudflaps.com has the RE setups for cheap these days.

we want to keep the lift down to 2-3" just for drivability reasons, and he wants a little stiffness in the rear so an AAL is probably the right answer for the stern. Again, we are looking for 2-3" lift so if you have 3" coils, grand cherokee coils, spacers, AAL's or shackles, let me know. thanks!

Back