• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: AW4 Automatic Trans.

proracedriver616

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a good '91-'95 AW4 , 23 spline output. I need a trans, flexplate, torque converter, and shift cable. I would prefer one from a yj but i know thats slim chances of finding one on here. I would like to know also if its gonna be a good trans, came out of a running jeep, how many miles, etc. Thanks

Looking for a good '91-'95 AW4 , 23 spline output. I need a trans, flexplate, torque converter, and shift cable. I would prefer one from a yj but i know thats slim chances of finding one on here. I would like to know also if its gonna be a good trans, came out of a running jeep, how many miles, etc. Thanks

Have one from a running 93 XJ with 125,000 miles, Jeep got T-boned but it still ran and drove. Have everything you need except the shift cable. $150.

Have one from a running 93 XJ with 125,000 miles, Jeep got T-boned but it still ran and drove. Have everything you need except the shift cable. $150.

Sold! Ill give you $150 if you can cut whatever plugs are on it off with about 6" or so of wiring since your parting out the jeep anyways. Its so i can wire up some solenoids to control shifting as this will be going into a jeep that came with a manual trans from the factory. We can probably meet up one day this or next weekend if it works for you.

Sold! Ill give you $150 if you can cut whatever plugs are on it off with about 6" or so of wiring since your parting out the jeep anyways. Its so i can wire up some solenoids to control shifting as this will be going into a jeep that came with a manual trans from the factory. We can probably meet up one day this or next weekend if it works for you.

PM sent.

I got a 2wd AW4 from a 98 with the rear output yolk so all you have to do is swap the u-joint over. I got it to swap to the MJ but never did it. If you have 20 bucks it's yours, Seth. I got it off of CL for 100 last winter and was told it has about 80k on it.

How is a 2wd AW4 gonna help him with a 4x4 application????

Well, for the record. Without gutting the 2wd trans and reassembling the guts so that the output shaft from a 4x4 AW4 gets put in place of the 2wd output shaft....... that trans is useless in a 4x4. It's more than just extension housings to change it and accept a t-case.

Back