• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrenching Time!!!!

SharkXJ

NAXJA Member #1177
My fellow Naxjonians :)

It's that time my friends to turn el stocko XJ into not so stocko XJ :) I won't have my son that weekend and I want to get this done sooner than later in case there any problems.

The fun will begin on Friday night June 25th, Saturday June 26th from 9 am til about 6pm then all day Sunday the 27th (if neccessary). Depending on how many folks show up this should be a fairly quick project.

All I want to do is get the suspension on and swap the T-Case. The rear leafs and brake line are already bolted to the axel so the rear should take no time at all. In the front I need to grind off the LCA Brackets and Drill the holes for the TnT Belly Skid. Those two things will take the longest. The steering is already on the front axel and ready to go. If there is time I wouldn't mind getting the ARB Wired up as well.

I have all of the tools needed (Sockets, Wrenches, Drill & Angle Grinder) but to help speed things along bringing your own would definitely help. Maybe if someone has another angle grinder and large drill bits :)

I will have Beer, Water, Soda and some BBQ Burgers.

So - who's in????

Mark, I can stop by for a few hours on Friday night and either Sat or Sun (depending on which day my sister moves). I'll know more as it gets closer. -Josh

My race is on Sunday that week so Saturday's ride will be on short side. I can probably make it around noonish. I'll see if Peter's interested too.

Last edited:
Mark

Of course thats the weekend I am taking the Jeep on its first true wheelin trip with the new axles. I would definately like to help, so if there is any other time you need help let me know.

I'd give you a hand, but you're too far away.

:wave:

I can probably help, I work at a shop so I've basically got anything we'll need if you don't have it already. I can bring all my own tools so that way we don't have to waste time waiting to share.

I'll try to make it down there on Sat. I'll bring some tools and an extra grinder and drill just in case. I'll check with the boss (wife) to make sure she hasn't already assigned me duties for that day. Later...

THANKS Folks!!!! You guys rock :)

Josh - I will be home around 5. We can tackle the Rear of the Jeep and see how it goes from there. Dinner is on me....

Mike - It would be great to see you and Pete. Rob & Alex - thanks fellas. Like I said, I have something I had already planned in the evening so Saturday will end at about 6. I can't imagine it will take that long especially if I can get the stock suspension off on Fri night.

My address is:
1440 Santa Paula Ave
San Jose, 95110

If and of you want my # send me a PM......

If it turns out that there are too many hands I can easily find something for you to do - hahaha My garage could use a good cleaning - LOL

Thanks again....

Mark

if you have compressed air & a 3 prong 220v 30 amp outlet then i can bring my plasma cutter & remove the LCA brackets fast.
i can bring air chisels & air hammers as well.
also can bring angle grinder etc.
need mini skids on the housing? i can fab them & weld them too.
let me know what you need, i have a pretty fair assortment of tools & equipment & other than my work i do not have a social life at all . :wow:

Josh - I will be home around 5. We can tackle the Rear of the Jeep and see how it goes from there. Dinner is on me....

Count me in for Friday night. I'll be there around 5:30 assuming work goes mellow and I don't get slammed. I'll try to drag my brother out too for another set of hands.

Do you need some jackstands/jacks/etc?

Count me in Mark. I probably will not be taking my rig to sierra fest but i will be tagging along with Ed and Rich

Count me in for Friday night. I'll be there around 5:30 assuming work goes mellow and I don't get slammed. I'll try to drag my brother out too for another set of hands.

Do you need some jackstands/jacks/etc?

Hey Josh - Ya know an extra set of Jack Stands never hurt :) I have two floor Jacks so I am good there. If there is 3 of us on Friday night we should be able to punch out the rear in no time at all and possibly get the front disassembled. If that's the case we "should" be able to have it done on Saturday LOL

I want to say thanks to everyone ahead of time. You guys rock and I REALLY appreciate the help.

If I can get the lockers hooked up and so on I might get in a shake down run to HH.

Back