• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrenching Time!!!!

I will stop by my house and bring my small air compressor - its enough to run tools, just barely. I think it is 8 or 10 gallon.

why are we not doing this build at my house?!?
oh well, i'll drag along a large portable compressor if it will fir in the back of my heep.
do you have impact sockets or should i bring them as well?

I only have odd size impact sockets for doing hubs and other random repairs, also two sets of impact swivle sockets. If I break sockets I just get them warrantied. Ive got some other random tools that area useful also but Im not sure what to bring. Ive pretty much got anything except fab tools.

Thanks for the help tonight Tim, Alex & Josh :)

We got the rear end done. Tomorrow it's onto the front.

Look forward to seein' everyone......

Yeah dude no problem, like I said its always nice to meet new people. Its nice to know if your going to get along with other XJers BEFORE you end up in the middle of the woods camping with them or stuck on a trail.

Hey Mark, sorry I couldn't make it today (Sat). I just got my junk put back together @ around 6 o'clock. By the time I got cleaned up and drove down to your place it would be past 8:30, a little late for starting any work. Again, sorry I couldn't make it.

I hope you guys got Mark's POS finished today. Mostly because I don't feel like working on his crap tomorrow. Good to see everyone, especially Mr Ed - that guy is a NAXJA rock star.

It'd be nice if Mark could keep his XJ upright and stop putting it on the roof, we wouldn't have to work on it all the time.

nope, not even close to being done.
with 8 of us working on the rear bumper assembly from hell at various times there is probably still 75 man-hours of time needed to finish it.
the space shuttle is less complicated than marks mega bumper! :gee:
still need to finish the belly skid plate install before the front end can go under. :repair:

Yo fellas - THANK YOU!!!!! You guys ROCK!!!

All that's left is to open up the 2 T-Case holes, once that is done the Belly pan can be bolted on and the rest is cake.

1. Install Belly Pan
2. Install Front Axel
3. Install Muffler
4. Install Calipers
5. Bleed Brakes
6. Linkage
7. Install Dis Connects
8. Trim Rear Fenders
9. Slap on Tires

Maybe 4 more hours of work - unless we find something else that needs to be done. Yesterday took so long because (and no offense Tim) the Drill bits were dull and drilling the Unibody took FOREVER - LOL Not much we could do with the Belly Pan not installed :)

I'll post up pix when were done......

good chit! glad you can get some help...wish it was like that for us Sac guys.

FINALLY!!!! :yelclap:

Lift is on, Front Fenders Trimmed and the rear bumper is mostly on :kissyou:

Everyone who helped kick saome serious butt :kissyou:, I can't thank you guys enough.

Took it for a long ride and everything is great except it feels like the steering is loose and I have some wobble. I'll take it in and have hte tires balanced then if that doesn't work I will double check everything.

Now need to find some time to Paint and install the front bumper, winch, cut and fold rear qtr panels, get the rest of the rear bumper on and Trim the Rear Fender Wells.

It took a while but all in all it really wasn't that bad :cheers:

Tahnks again fellas.

OH - my sister took a ton of pix. I'll post them as soon as I find the camera.

I need a vacation from my weekend. Oh as it happens I start my vacation on Thursday.
It was great to hang out and wrench with everyone. I hope to see you all at Sierra Fest jeep or not I will be there.

Back