• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrench Party. Sun. March 14th

well let me talk to frankie and see whats up... if he dont want them i'll save all 4 for u

2 have 60-70% and 2 are good for trail spares...

well let me talk to frankie and see whats up... if he dont want them i'll save all 4 for u

2 have 60-70% and 2 are good for trail spares...

Cool. Thanks for stepping up and helping out. That gives me a good idea. For the guys who are coming, maybe each person can post up Jeep stuff they no longer need. If someone decides they want it then they can bring it along. It can be a little Jeep swap meet. I know there are a lot of guys here in NAXJA that got a boat load of crap left over from different Jeep builds. Might as well help each other out and make a little money or good karma in the process. Ofcourse you might just have an angry wife who wants all your spare Jeeps parts and crap out of the garage. (my situation)

I have a spare 32" tire sitting around. Has some life on it left.

Ill take that 32 if its not claimed. I have a guy who is trading my my stocks 235/75/15'ss for his 32's but he only has four and I already have the 5th rim to mount it on. Let me know, Thanks.

John and I tried to get a head start on his build this weekend. We got all of his stuff up to my place and then tried to install his gas tank skid. His aftermarket trailer hitch decided to be a huge pain in the ass. We got the skid modified but the leaf springs were causing some serious issues with being in the way. I figured when we yank his old springs out for the new lift we could toss the skid on at that point. Should be way easier.

While we were working on his Jeep I realized I am probably going to need another floor jack. Something that has a substantial lift to it. Mine only goes up about 10". We had to use some blocks to be able to get the Jeep up. If someone has a large floor jack they could bring with them I would really appreciate it. I look forward to meeting some new faces this Sunday.

i'll look at my jack see if it goes higher than 10".....

Even if it doesn't, bring it. I only have one and we are going to need more. Even if we have to put blocks under it, it's still better than nothing.

Good luck guys! Hey Brad/John, if somebody shows up a bit closer to me can you hand off that xfer case for me once you get the new one in? no big hurry on getting it back to me but just a thought.
thanks!
Chris

Good luck guys! Hey Brad/John, if somebody shows up a bit closer to me can you hand off that xfer case for me once you get the new one in? no big hurry on getting it back to me but just a thought.
thanks!
Chris

Good idea. If that doesn't work out, we will put together a parts train ASAP.

Bump and Update:

If there are any more guys wanting to come and help please chime in ASAP so we can have plenty of food for everyone. Also, if there are any guys who planned on coming but can't anymore then please let us know. Thanks.

Here's the current list:

Me (bhicks)
John Yarborough
Luvdlions
Laurent Wagoneer
WebDog (maybe)
SanDiegoXJ (maybe)
boostamante
91blackbox
Soopergoober
1xfloppy

i have a 3 ton jack i can bring no problem....it lifts my truck so we shouldnt have an issue lifting the stationwagons....i have my list to bring as....

Jack
Jackstands
small toolset

whats the deal with food brad? potluck type thing where everyone brings something?

i could possibly bring drinks....

julio i need you to look at my rc crawler....i cant figure out my issue...ill bring it though! maybe you can finger it out...

is anyone bringing their wives? my wife loves it up there and would like to come up as well

ill be taking my jack as well. my jackstands are small but i'll still look for those....
yeah, let us know whats the deal with the "Good Eats".... some of us cant go anywhere empty handed.... <- at least not me! :wave:

Hey guys,
Thanks in advance for all who are coming. Rest assured, Ill provide the food and drinks (Excluding beer) Im pretty much broke after buying up all of these parts, but the least I can do is keep you guys fed.

Brad, I also have a floor jack and I will try to bring my air compresor and impact to make those bolts comply a little easier.

Anything else we need tools wise, parts wise? I bought new bolts for leaf springs and transfer case fluid as well yesterday.

Okay men, I just spoke with Brad and we are planning to meet at Brads at 8:00AM. Ill have donuts ready to go first thing in the morning and there will be plenty of pizza, sodas, and water for lunch. See you Sunday.

Last edited:
hey brad how we lookin at for parking due to the snow the last week.......

Back