• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrapping Up my Lift Kit Plans

I will need to know which rear axle I have right? I'm not sure I'm on that. I've not had any problems with it so I haven't taken it apart to figure it out. Any easy ways to find out?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's easy, the D35 has a round bottom housing that pretty much follows the diff cover. The Chrysler 8.25 has a large flat area on the bottom of the housing as compared to the cover.

Guess both my jeeps run the Chrysler. I'm going to pick up a front drive shaft instead of a custom one today. I dont understand how that will magically fit a 3.5-4.5 lift without any adjustments aside from a sye though...

Also what about durability? Front shaft is a lot skinnier than the rear... that's going to take all that extra force and be dependable?

Ok so I'm scrapping the front drive shaft idea.
I found this kit for the sye and drive shaft. I added an image below because I'm a little worried this wont go together. The only info they needed was about the u joint 1310 and my t case which is a part time 4wd.
That's all they needed in order to send me a sye and Tom woods drive shaft.
No lift height questions or rear axle questions. It's a Chrysler rear axle.
This still going to fit? Will order tonight
05767c9d3167539e37c6f180ccac178a.jpg

Who's kit is that? The TW kit is cheaper and guaranteed to be the best and work!

Anyone recommend a good brand for an adjustable track bar for a 3.5 inch lift? Not about to do that jank oem bar relocation thing

You might be a little far away to reap any benefits, but TW's customer service is outstanding. He has been known to service shafts during the MOAB week. As far as trackbars, I've had my RE 1660 w/ drop bracket for 16yrs, I even bought a rebuild kit for it a few yrs back but still haven't needed it!

You might be a little far away to reap any benefits, but TW's customer service is outstanding. He has been known to service shafts during the MOAB week. As far as trackbars, I've had my RE 1660 w/ drop bracket for 16yrs, I even bought a rebuild kit for it a few yrs back but still haven't needed it!
Looked at it. Says between 4 and 6" and I'm doing a 3.5
The drive shaft in the sye kit must be a generalized size for any lift. I'm sure it will fit I just wanted to see if anyone knew. And i called tech support the verify it comes with all needed u joints

All driveshafts come with the u-joints installed, other it would be a "build your own driveshaft kit"

BTW, I was at 3-3.5" when I installed my trackbar.

Yes, I even bought a couple of the extended couplers because my rigs where at 5"+.

Back