• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wow... News hits hard...

Sorry to hear that Jim. make sure you hit up the SoCal Job thread. My company is hiring for some tech support / tech writers.

silverslk said:
nope. going up saturday morning, getting drunk saturday night and heading back sunday morningish

Martell is definately sleeping on the roof now! :eeks1:

Check with Unitech. That's the company I work for. Easy work, in a technical type field. They have an office on Pendleton. Don't know if that's too long of a commute. Pay's decent. You'd be looking at probably an hour and a half I think drive. Maybe faster if you take the Fallbrook route through base.
www.unitech1.com

Yo Jim, They are filming a GIRLS GONE WILD video in homeland tonite. Maybe they need someone to run the hoses for the wet t contests :D.

But seriously that sucks. Ive been mad that they cut my hrs almost in half but im glad that I can still get by, even if its just barely

crazyjim said:
I just got a phone call... I'm officially laid off... Business is super slow for the owner right now, with all the school budget cuts and financial problems the country is having. This sucks, I dunno how the hell I'm gonna pay my bills. Damn life sucks sometimes.

Sorry I had to vent...

Don't worry...my GF gets more on UNemployment than I do from working full time. :laugh: Gotta love this country, eh?

Jim,

Sorry to hear the bad news. Best of luck on getting something quick!

That really sucks Jim! Good luck finding something quick even if it's just temporary.

If you can get, previously had or currently Have a security clearance, there are a lot of jobs in Palmdale at Northrop Grumman for mechanics, etc. (Some might not even need the clearance) LMK and I can refer you and probably score a bonus for it if you get hired.

Yeah I know it is far from where ya live but the pay & benefits are good and it is somewhat cheap to live up here in the high Desert Ghetto.

FYI, as an interim, try delivering pizza. I've done it in the past and I'm considering doing it again. Gas gets paid, you usually get a meal out of it and the tips can be pretty damn good.
don't expect to clear 30k but a paycheck at minimum wage with gas being covered and tips that can go from 2-5 bucks a delivery. yeah you work evenings but so what.
when I used to work for a cheap pizza joint years ago. Drivers would fight for the closing shift on friday and saturday when I've managed to clear over 100 bucks in tips. then I went to a better quality pizza place. Round table. there I would drive less, do less and clear an average of 30-50 per night in tips. And the pizza is better. and My RT is so good to the drivers, when we get back to the store, we don't do shit. I sit down and watch TV and drink soda.

Rawbrown said:
FYI, as an interim, try delivering pizza. I've done it in the past and I'm considering doing it again. Gas gets paid, you usually get a meal out of it and the tips can be pretty damn good.
don't expect to clear 30k but a paycheck at minimum wage with gas being covered and tips that can go from 2-5 bucks a delivery. yeah you work evenings but so what.
when I used to work for a cheap pizza joint years ago. Drivers would fight for the closing shift on friday and saturday when I've managed to clear over 100 bucks in tips. then I went to a better quality pizza place. Round table. there I would drive less, do less and clear an average of 30-50 per night in tips. And the pizza is better. and My RT is so good to the drivers, when we get back to the store, we don't do shit. I sit down and watch TV and drink soda.

Yeah, I did that in high school, was nice going home with a wad of cash every day. Paid for my first lift :D

I delivered to Charles S old complex a couple of times when my old red Jeep was stock and before we knew each other. I had to stop after my delivery and check out his Jeep.

I delivered for a little while in between jobs once. They started us at minimum wage with a buck a delivery. Now it's up to $1.25 a delivery. I'm thinking about doing it again for extra cash to put into house payments, van payment, jeep fixing/modding, etc...

i delivered for 8 years, made double my paycheck in tips, it was great. i got tons of overtime cause we were always busy. cant beat pizza guy for quick cash.

Back