• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A little about me....via BOD nominee

dick.breakey

NAXJA Forum User
Well seeing how Im still the only treasurer nominated, it might not be completely necessary, but I thought it proper to really take a few and introduce myself to everyone.

Ive have a few threads started in this chapter and a little bit about me when moving here was still a pipe dream. However Im here now and Im here to stay. Im originally from Texas, born and raised. Growing up I moved around a good bit living in Arizona, Michigan, and Virginia before going to elementary school. I lived with my father till 6th grade outside houston before I moved up to Granbury TX where I went to intermediate, middle, and highschool. Growing up in the relatively small town of Granbury there wasnt much to do besides be kids and wreck havoc on the neighbors. After all that I started working for my stepdad in his body/mechanic shop. Starting out with disassembling old camaros and replacing shocks I moved up to body work and real mechanic duties too. My biggest accomplishment was doing a frame off transplant of a mid nineties chevy 1500. The original truck had a bent frame from a wreck and the new frame was a parts truck. So we took everything down off the original and moved everything over to the new truck. Down to brake and fuel lines running the frame, it was a hell of an experience. Especially cause I broke a few lines at the fittings and had to learn how to fix and flare the lines to make them work again. Didnt make a whole lot of right decisions growing up but one I did was working on and modding cars. My first car was a 1987 ford mustang 4cyl 5 speed. Beat the piss out of it and did all normal maintenance to it till I went head on with a late nineties Suburban. Walked away with a busted lip and a broken nose. After that I got to help finish my stepdads 69' c-10. Favorite thing Ive ever driven. Big block 454 pushing out about 575+ to the crank, couldnt keep me from spinning tires. Didnt last too long as the rents split, but it was the best experience I could have asked for at that age. Fast forward a few years and I land in a call center working for Wells Fargo. I started out taking calls in customer service, moved to training new hires, then to the dark side of retail. This is what started the path for me to feel that Im really qualified to take over duties for the chapter Treasurer. I moved away from home back in the beginning of 09' for the first time(and by away from home I mean Texas, not childhood home) and headed off to Pittsburgh. Was there for 2 years. And a hell of a 2 years it was. Really learned a lot about myself there. I got engaged, bought a house, got a dog and some toys. Eventually got unengaged, she got the dog, sold my jeep, kept the new car and moved back to Texas at the beginning of this year. Saddest day in a long time watching the jeep roll away. Those two years were the best thing that ever happened to me as I really grew and matured to more of the person I am today. This maturity and life experience helps me understand that decisions for me and for those who I represent, whoever they may be, need to be thought out completely and need to always be for the best of the majority.

Im in a relationship with a fantastic woman(8 years my senior :clap:) and we have a condo in Bellevue. We plan on getting married sometime relatively soon and start a family after that. Shes an amazing woman and loves that I have my own hobbies, this being one of them. She really loves that I love to cook and feed her haha. She'll be a part of what I do here as she wants to come out on the trails sometimes and see what I really love doing. I work in retail banking still. Currently interviewing around here at a few banks as Im officially a resident of the NWC starting this past saturday(11/5/11). Should be starting new work by the end of the month and being in retail banking I can really help my customers/partners accomplish things on the financial side that most can not. Im experienced in how to help run the financial side of a business as I help my customers do this on a daily basis. I had the opportunity to help the Red River Chapter and its treasures get set up on the bank side also. They didnt have any official accounting measures in place for them and really needed something all their own. I was able to set them up with free accounts and checks to allow for seamless transactions between vendors and members when needed. Im passionate about total banking and finance and it is what I really excel in.

Im not being forced into this, and I know treasurer is not something that a whole lot of people really care to handle. I actually want to do this and because I want to do it, it means I will do it well and always make sure it is done properly. This club is important to me for a few different reasons. Besides being an XJ fan, I like what it stands for and how as a whole it gives back to the community and educates the masses about responsible OHV use. Because of this I would like to use my expertise to keep this chapter going and running well on the finance side.

I hoe that if you have any questions for me you wont hesitate to ask and Ill be glad to answer the best I can. Thanks for the opportunity yall and I look forward to the next year(or few years).

Dick :party:

Last edited:
Dick,

"Free banking" Is that what the banking industry is calling it now :)
Since our last few treasurers don't actually know how to write a check or are not sure where the checkbook is you are probably more than qualified:cheers:. The reality is that this scares me because it those who are excited about being the treasure we should be most concerned about :scared:. Not to worry, we give all of our money away each year anyway:cheers:

All joking aside, I am probably one of the only members here that has actually met you in person since you haven't been here long and from the few minutes that we spend together I can vouch for you and say that I agree that you are a stand up young man and would be a fine candidate.

I'll vote for you since your the only name on the ballot ;)

Michael

Since our last few treasurers don't actually know how to write a check or are not sure where the checkbook is.

Michael

As the current Treasurer, I'm offended by that. I wish I knew where the checkbook was so I could prove you wrong.

:D

Michael I appreciate you saying that. It was really nice to meet you and thanks for helping me out with that bb. No worries about me actually wanting to do it haha. Just my way of giving back to a group who does more good than I do each year.

And goblazers, I'm gonna need you to not lose everything you've got for this chapter by the end of the year ;)

I really am excited for the next year, and it's gonna be a great time for me with the new changes and new area. Looking forward to being a big part of this chapter!

Back