• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wounded Warrior Build The Raptured Duck buggy

Update

We got word the boys at west Texas Offroad are donating us a hydro steer kit and box for our front! Be here on Thursday next week.
ynu9yvyb.jpg

Also bought most all the bungs, himes and shock brackets we needed.
qugada8y.jpg

Still trying to figure out the fuel cell situation. Everything on Craigslist is either junked out with holes and leaking or is way to expensive... So looking like stock tank is staying. Lol

I also bough a crap ton of lollipops to hand out to people that stop by the shop with kiddos. Not sure if you guys remember these suckers, we used to get loads of them when I was a kid from the ball park during practice. So if y'all stop by with the kiddos, ill make sure they are on a sugar rush for the way home!!

qepu7use.jpg

I'd come pick it up, no worries on the bolt pattern, we have 8 lug wheels so we are either buying adapter, plating on top or milling and welding in center pieces.

Where is the rear located max?

Pm sent

Glad to see it might not be getting a turdy 5!

Make sure you keep some XJ love in there to show some roots. I at least want to see a cut down grill:

641315d1324594591-xj-buggy-front-ends-sickbuggyxj2.jpg

So does this mean you probably/hopefully don't need the D35 shafts that Karstic got from Travis?

I'm quite alright with NOT having to transport them around, especially since I'm driving my ex's BMW this weekend... But would do so to help you out...

Do you have your rear axle ?

I have a trussed linked Ford D60 single wheel 5:38 I'd be willing to donate to this project. I disassembled it to bore the spindles for 1.5" axles, but went shaved 14bolt instead.

It's disassembled, but complete. I'm relatively local and will drop it off if you want it.

If you pm your number ill send you a pic.

Do you have your rear axle ?

I have a trussed linked Ford D60 single wheel 5:38 I'd be willing to donate to this project. I disassembled it to bore the spindles for 1.5" axles, but went shaved 14bolt instead.

It's disassembled, but complete. I'm relatively local and will drop it off if you want it.

If you pm your number ill send you a pic.

Totally game on this, what day works for you? Ill have a special something something waiting for you...lol we are at 128 e mission, fallbrook

e6apared.jpg

Glad to see it might not be getting a turdy 5!

Make sure you keep some XJ love in there to show some roots. I at least want to see a cut down grill:

641315d1324594591-xj-buggy-front-ends-sickbuggyxj2.jpg

I would if they didn't throw the front end away whe I was gone :/.

Luckily I snagged the letters of the grill and the 4x4 off the body...

What time will you be there tomorrow? I'll head over right after I drop my daughter off at school. I'm in San Marcos.

Big thank you to Roz for coming by the shop and seeing what we were working with! Also a big Thank you for the d60 he dropped off. Should have seen the looks on the guys faces today when they came in! Super stoked!

zyqujuda.jpg

Cool build guys. Thank you for your service and the sacrifice you've made. Glad to see you boys still kicking and building trail toys. I was born with muscular dystrophy so I know what overcoming obstacles is like. I'm not near the badass you guys are though. I'll keep an eye on this build. Good luck and merry Christmas to y'all from over here in the corn! :cheers:

Flexed you should come help brother! Everyone's welcome too! Even let you get some seat time. Appreciate the thanks man, we are just glad to be getting back to a normal life style and out on some trails and hopefully this buggy will allow others too!

Flexed you should come help brother! Everyone's welcome too! Even let you get some seat time. Appreciate the thanks man, we are just glad to be getting back to a normal life style and out on some trails and hopefully this buggy will allow others too!

Well, I'm kinda 2200 miles away but if I get a chance I'll come out that way. I need to visit Grimm so I can pay him to kick Geoff in the nuts! :D

Big thank you to Roz for coming by the shop and seeing what we were working with! Also a big Thank you for the d60 he dropped off. Should have seen the looks on the guys faces today when they came in! Super stoked!

zyqujuda.jpg

It was a pleasure meeting you guys the other day.

Not only am I thankful for your service, but I'm thankful and honored that I was able to do something for your wounded warrior project. Its a great way to help these men and women, who are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for our country, have a little break and have some fun. If it helps one person, you've done your job.

Its coming along great . Please keep us posted.

Hopefully I have my drivetrain swap and 40's by the time you make the maiden run.

Tell those guys not to hurt themselves moving that thing... Iol

Btw. Truss materials are chromoly

Last edited:
Update, we took a long break.....holidays!

But we did mock up some of the rear for now and got some wiring labeled. Taking everything to sand blaster today and hopefully figuring out how to do the D60 swap. Lol

Got our wheel centers in and welded. Waiting on the other 2 to come in.
gy7a2uda.jpg

u2usasyq.jpg

Back