• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wj swap question

Get the WJ rotor and drill them. If you want, use an old hub and make a jig. The flange will center on the hub, and you can drill a couple 5 on 5 holes in the flange and put studs in it to further align it for drilling the 4.5" pattern. I then use a 5/8" rotabroach to drill the holes. I use a drill press, but I could as easily do it by hand. All this talk of spacing stuff with washers is killing me. This is the most important part of your jeep you are talking about here, don't half ass it.

If your going this far, get the drag link and trackbar from from Clayton along with their axle side bracket or the full trackbar bracket. It will give you perfect angles. Or get the complete build a bar for the WJ conversion.

Here's my "jig" the stud is on the 5" circle.

Mark

Get the WJ rotor and drill them. If you want, use an old hub and make a jig. The flange will center on the hub, and you can drill a couple 5 on 5 holes in the flange and put studs in it to further align it for drilling the 4.5" pattern. I then use a 5/8" rotabroach to drill the holes. I use a drill press, but I could as easily do it by hand. All this talk of spacing stuff with washers is killing me. This is the most important part of your jeep you are talking about here, don't half ass it.

Mark

Exactly, drilling the rotors is defiantly the better, and safer route.

Back