• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring up LEDs for the new JCR quarter panel guards?

I wish i would have found that link before. They seemed to simplify things.

Do your oval turn signals flash dim until the brake is applied?
Any suggestions on how to remedy this??

Thanks!

The only time you need a trailer converter is if you are using the same LED lamp for STOP/TAIL/TURN. You only need one converter per jeep. (The trailer converters are clearly marked and easy to wire up) If your LED's for STOP and TURN are two separate lamps, you do not need a trailer converter.
The above also applies for incandescent lighting, not just LED's.

Ahhhhh, got ya! Thanks Mike!

The only time you need a trailer converter is if you are using the same LED lamp for STOP/TAIL/TURN. You only need one converter per jeep. (The trailer converters are clearly marked and easy to wire up) If your LED's for STOP and TURN are two separate lamps, you do not need a trailer converter.
The above also applies for incandescent lighting, not just LED's.

Older XJ's used two flashers. One for the turn signals and one for the hazards. On 96 and newer, there is only one flasher that controls both the turn signals and the hazards.

ok cool thanks mike, i picked up the electronic flasher today from NAPA so that should be good to go.

Aaron, im hoping to get this done on friday, the friday before the Badlands trip, but that will all change depending on when i get my guards from JCR

ok cool thanks mike, i picked up the electronic flasher today from NAPA so that should be good to go.

Aaron, im hoping to get this done on friday, the friday before the Badlands trip, but that will all change depending on when i get my guards from JCR

Cool, Just let me know when you get your guards!

Back