• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Edge trimming recommendations for quarter panel armor

Ahvicha

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone. Just as the title says, I’m looking for recommendations for edge trimming or gasket, or whatever kind of sealant people have used or have seen used to help seal their armor to their body panel. I have found some u channel material on Amazon but I fear the thickness of each “arm” is to thick and will create to much of a gap. I’d like the armor to be as close to the body as much a possible. I do understand the armor will withdraw from the body eiather way. But if it’s in my power I’d like to be in control of how much it withdraws from it. Thank you.

Don't seal it. You will create a moisture trap.

When I did mine I used 1/8" thick rubber to create a solid spacer at the top and to create washers for spacers at the bottom. That way moisture from the top (rain) is largely kept out, but anything that does get in can be drained out at the bottom and air can move freely through the panel.

Full write-up is here: https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1123321

The washers are shown in a picture in post #13.

Back