• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring in luxury

Jeeper84

NAXJA Forum User
Swapping some power features from a Laredo into my Jeep. I've already put the over head console and sun visors in. It looks like everything will hook up to my oem connector with a little cutting. I'm pretty sure that little black dome in my overhead console determines my direction, but I'm not quite sure. To make everything work on this console, what do I need to pull? I know there's something behind the bumper. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I'm going out there tomorrow to pull everything.

That "little black dome" in the overhead is a keyless entry receiver. The compass is on a printed circuit board at the front of the overhead console, just in front of the direction display.

"Something behind the bumper" is the temperature sensor.
bumper1.jpg

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Oh, ok. I'm going to check out your write-ups. I've always been a YJ guy, but I wanted to go another route. I have a 96, too, but mine is an ex cop XJ and is completely white. Offhand, does the overhead console do anything else but hold glasses, lights, temp, and direction? I can't find that much info on it.

Yup - from front to rear with the larger overhead console you get:
Temp / Direction display
Map lights for driver and passenger
Garage Door
Sunglasses
Remote sensor for keyless entry
Map lights for driver and passenger rear seat

Jim

Back