• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

winch ?

89jeepie

NAXJA Forum User
i was wondering if any one has ever mounted a 2000 lb winch on a jeep..just for light pulling..like if u were stuck in sum light mud and just needed a tug..iv got a warn i think its a 2000 lb winch layn around and was wanting to use it..anybody done this?

6000 lbs. minimum. 8+ is even better. JIM.

Are you limited on the number of characters per word you can use?

To your question ( I got our my Captain Midnight decoder ring ):

Warn makes a nice 9500lb winch. Fast, and powerful.

There are also a number on "Inexpensive" winches on the market that are in the $300 to $500 price range, that are in the 8,000lb range.

Edit: Like this one http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=40271 Smittybilt XRC8. They seem to work OK.

Last edited:
whats ur opin on superwinch?

I've never used one. I'm running the old style Smittybilt XRC8. It's a little slow, but does what I need it to do. The ones out now have a better motor on them. Check www.winchdepot.com they had some of the best pricing when I got mine. JIM.

i think im going to go with a 85oo ramsy winch..just cant be buyn a new bumper..looking for ways around it

Spend the money.
You can't go wrong with spending money to mount a recovery winch properly.

just bought a smittybilt 8000 lb winch..now iv just gotta figure out how im going to build a mounting plate...any ideas?

i like that..i went ahead and bought a whole new bumper with a winch plate and d-ring mounts..thanx 4 the help guys

Back