• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winch

AZRockRunner

Nobody
I am in need of a winch and I figure I would check and see if anyone is wanting to sell one.
Lemme know cuz I need one ASAP. Otherwise I will be forced to go out and pay the BIG COMPANIES the BIG BUX and Iwould rather help out a fellow jeeper............

Lata

Last edited:
offroader461 said:
hey...im buying a Mile Marker 8000k one from Costco...$290.00 for everything...might wanna look at that one..my buddy has it and it pulls his pile out all the time

I knew they had one but there website was listing it as 360. I guess I will have to brave the crowds tomorrow.
YUCK

Well, loooky what just happened to find its way to my house today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0184.jpg

AZRockRunner said:
Well, loooky what just happened to find its way to my house today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0184.jpg

LMK how ya like it, Im in need since a flake took my 8274 and backed out finishing the job after I got all the parts he said he needed. I got the winch back clean and in a box, in many many parts

I got the winch from 4wheelparts. it was the last one on the shelf but since 4wheelparts owns Smittybuilt, I imagine they will be getting more in soon.
it was 299.99 + tax. I looked at costco but they didnt have any of the champion winches in stock and the guy said he wasnt sure if they were getting them in anytime soon. So since RockFest is fastly approaching, I just got this one. with a 2 year warranty by 4wheelparts, I figure it is a good starting winch.

AZRockRunner said:
I got the winch from 4wheelparts. it was the last one on the shelf but since 4wheelparts owns Smittybuilt, I imagine they will be getting more in soon.
it was 299.99 + tax. I looked at costco but they didnt have any of the champion winches in stock and the guy said he wasnt sure if they were getting them in anytime soon. So since RockFest is fastly approaching, I just got this one. with a 2 year warranty by 4wheelparts, I figure it is a good starting winch.

winchdepot.com has them for 284.00 and free shipping. Im gonna get one I guess

rockwerks said:

I saw that lastnight, but I wanted it now and not have to wait.

rockwerks said:
WinchDepot IS 4Wheelparts!!

Mine came today. Shipping took two days and was free... I'm happy.

Downside is that it cost me an extra $500... once my wife saw it, she decided she needed some new things for the kitchen and a used stainless steel fridge later, my $300 winch ended up costing $800. I forgot about compounding wife interest on unauthorized Jeep purchases...

dang.

Let ya'll know about the install once I get it set up. It's going in an ARB Bull Bar bumper.

alanzona said:
Mine came today. Shipping took two days and was free... I'm happy.

Downside is that it cost me an extra $500... once my wife saw it, she decided she needed some new things for the kitchen and a used stainless steel fridge later, my $300 winch ended up costing $800. I forgot about compounding wife interest on unauthorized Jeep purchases...

dang.

Let ya'll know about the install once I get it set up. It's going in an ARB Bull Bar bumper.
OUCH!!!!!!!!
Good thing my wife loves to go wheeling and understands why we NEEDED a winch. Although out of guilt I did buy her a new LG Scoop cell phone for her to the tune of 219.99.................
Here is a few pics of mine installed:
P.S. I dont hink it is loud or to slow from the 15ft I tested with.

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

I thought the bolt on hooks are a big no no. Oh, good job on getting the winch. Now you can pull yourself up the waterfalls in Florence. What beer do I need to bring?

Winks00XJ said:
I thought the bolt on hooks are a big no no. Oh, good job on getting the winch. Now you can pull yourself up the waterfalls in Florence. What beer do I need to bring?

ITs not a bolt on hook, thats a clevis pin, as are the ones on Warns

Brian is correct, it is yust a pin maynard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And as far as Beer, that would be some seriously DARK STOUT Guiness baby.
I also enjoy some nice Jack Daniels and pepsi by the fireside after a long day of HOLDING SOME PEOPLES JEEPS out of rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twak:

Back