• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

winch reducing airflow in front of grill?

You need to make your tie-in brackets longer and pick up all the mounting points.

I like the concept. Simple yet functional. Solonoid location questionable. X2 on the side mounting,...I would extend the brackets to include more bolts.
Was the winch mounting plate (flat plate) built or bought? If bought, where from?

Its 98% done, i dont like where that solenoid pack is, it is temporary id like to put it inside the engine bay . I didnt put it on top of the winch since I didnt want to block any more radiator area up.

Its 98% done, i dont like where that solenoid pack is, it is temporary id like to put it inside the engine bay . I didnt put it on top of the winch since I didnt want to block any more radiator area up.

I wouldnt worry about blocking the radiator.

That would be the best place to put it. Won't always be able to open your hood to plug in the winch.

I like the concept. Simple yet functional. Solonoid location questionable. X2 on the side mounting,...I would extend the brackets to include more bolts.
Was the winch mounting plate (flat plate) built or bought? If bought, where from?

the plate was bought, i kept the winch and plate off my last TJ and that is what it is from.

I wouldnt worry about blocking the radiator.

That would be the best place to put it. Won't always be able to open your hood to plug in the winch.

You can always just move the plug.

DSC_0417.jpg

DSC_0423.jpg

how is it a mess?

There is a saying. "Every neighborhood has 'that guy', and if you don't know who it is, its probably you."

Not taking care of the winchline made a pretty jeep ugly and look uncared for. :)

Back