• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winch bumper that does not require trimming my fenders

surfnshoot

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, New to the forum. I've searched around a bit but could not find what I'm looking for. I have a warn XD9000I winch and want to put a winch front bumper on my 91 Cherokee. I do not want to cut my fenders and the only unit I see that does not require fenter trimming is the Warn front bumper. Do you know any other manufactures that make a full winch front bumper that does not require trimming?

I think it's or-fab, could be wrong but they make stubby bumpers. The problem with 96-down is that the fenders come down below the bumper to the valence. The 97+meet around the top of the bumper. I'm sure there are other manufactures that make them also

I understand you don't want to cut your fenders, but in my opinion, if you do cut them flush with the grille and whatnot, like the newer style xj, and put a bumper that wraps around, it would look real nice. Plus that sort of fender cutting is simple. Just my 2 cents.

If you are nervous about trimming give dirtbound a call. he can trim your fenders, and install one of his bumpers for probably less than the warn bumper with no labor.

Nice guy, and close to you. shop is in san dimas

I called Hanson and theirs does not require cutting. I'm leaning this way at this point. The protofab says low mount Winches. I'm guessing my Xd9000i does not fall into this catagory.

Back