• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will it ever get better?

Double check your track bar. These bolts need to be TIGHT. I am assuming your track bar is adjustable. Be sure the retaining nut is tight too. Mine has a tendancy to come loose once in a while. Usually after I flex it alot. When I feel I'm getting death wobble, I crawl under it and tighten these bolts/nuts on the track bar and the wobble goes away. Being that it WAS good for about a week and now it has come back tells me that something is has loosened up underneath. Start with the track bar then check everything else.

I appreciate all of the advice and input. The trackbar is tight like no other. I believe caster and toe relate to the angles of some part, but I have no idea, sorry- I like to drive my Jeep and not worry about it.

There really isn't another vehicle on the market that meets the qualities of an XJ-except a 2001-2002 WJ. I have wanted a Rubicon since they came out, but I already run out of room in my XJ AND my Thule cargo box even though everything, spare, jack, is attached outside. My parents are pressuring me a lot about the XJ, so as of now I'm looking between a WJ or XJ.

The WJ is very hard to find good parts for, but this is what I would do with it:
Rockkrawler 6" long arm
33" something
front and rear bumpers, rear w/ tire carrier
my Dana 30 with ARB
my Dana 44 with ARB modded to fit it.
winch
lights
underbody armor
DONE and done and over

If an XJ:
the exact same thing:
new lift, tires, my old axles, better armor

my XJ is 5 yrs old...I can get a I-6 WJ 2002 for 12000 and prob get 14000 for my XJ
I dunno this is confusing

ACTUALLY!!!!! I had a Liberty before the XJ!! I gave it to my brother, but I actually thought about buying it back and FINALLY making a Liberty that could DO IT ALL!! P.S. Liberties are great cars and have as much off road capability in stock form as an XJ.

But here is the final decision....I'm going to move into a different XJ. But then I ask myself why not stick with this one? I'll be around to annoy you more.

some one just did and all out liberty build up at no money spared and it was out of control..it was in one of the mags last month i believe....||charles||

PC-UT-XJ said:
If an XJ:
the exact same thing:
new lift, tires, my old axles, better armor

my XJ is 5 yrs old...I can get a I-6 WJ 2002 for 12000 and prob get 14000 for my XJ

But here is the final decision....I'm going to move into a different XJ. But then I ask myself why not stick with this one? I'll be around to annoy you more.

What I'm failing to understand is this? What makes you assume your current XJ is beat so bad that you want a new one, yet you think you can get $14000? Is the frame cracked or tweaked? Does your tailgate snag and not shut properly? If not your unibody is probably just fine.

Moving your parts to a new chassis is not going to fix any problems, because your problems are the parts, not the chassis. You mention you want long arms if you got a WJ, do you have something against long arms for the XJ?

A few questions about your parts:

With your SYE did you get a CV driveshaft, and if so, was your pinion brought up to correct the Ujoint angle? If not this could cause driveline vibes, and a non-4x4-oriented shop may not realize it.

When you say new tie-rod, do you mean an aftermarket design or just a new stock rod? If aftermarket, what product? What about the track-bar? Stock, aftermarket or otherwise?

I guess what I'm trying to get to is that whatever the problem, however severe, its most likely possible to fix it. I don't think you've exhausted all your options, and it sounds to me like the shop you take your jeep to doesn't really have much experience with lifted XJs. The last thing I want is to see you post 6 months down the road: "My new XJ handles just as bad as my old XJ!"

It sounds to me like you want your XJ to have stock handling, stock noise and vibration levels, and you don't want to have to work on it. A lifted jeep will very seldom be all or any of those things. They invariablely need to be tinkered with, and certain traits gotten used to. In all due respect, I think you need to realize that before all else. Only then can you reach jeep enlightenment!

:party: allmighty CDW, you have answered the question correctly...
:flame: :flame: :flame:

there is Jeep Enlightenment afterall!!!!!!
:party: :flame:
:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: : :flame:

No not me, where are you from in the UP?

Greddy

Back