• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wildlife picture thread

Some awesome pics, thanks for sharing.

The Loon pics immediately took me back to the Maine North Woods, something about their sound that totally relaxes me.

FishPOET, your fortunate to get pics of a Bobcat, very elusive.

2qt8mfq.jpg

2q82b6w.jpg

I took these pictures in the near the base of the Crazy Mountains about a week after hunting season ended. Those bulls could have cared less that I was there....

its actually a Canadian Lynx, way cool. Their feet are fricken huge!

Some awesome pics, thanks for sharing.

The Loon pics immediately took me back to the Maine North Woods, something about their sound that totally relaxes me.

Definately a sound you need to hear in person on the waters edge.

And definately a lynx, the difference is mostly in the ear tufts.

More of the deer...
103_0172.jpg

103_0175.jpg

103_0291.jpg

103_0292.jpg

103_0294.jpg

103_0295.jpg

i was paddling around lake umbagog one day last summer in my kayak and i found some loons nearby and just sat and listened for about 30 min then i was gonna fall asleep so i went on my merry way. pretty animals too just clumsy as all hell when they take off, its pretty funny to watch.

so does anyone else who lives in new england go out looking for moose on the side of the road in the summer time or is it just me and my friends inventing things to do where there is nothing to do?

You guys claiming that FishPOETS bobcat picture is a Canadian Lynx realize the picture was taken in Yosemite National Park, in California.

I don't think the Canadian Lynx was ever extant in California or that there have been any efforts to introduce it to California.

It's a bobcat.

Last edited:
[FONT=arial narrow, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
2.jpg

This was taken at Squaw Creek National Wildlife Refuge in northwestern Missouri during the fall migration. The photo isn't that good but will give an idea how many geese stop here. This was late November after most have gone on. There can be as many as 500,000, mostly Snow and Blue geese and up to 250 Bald Eagles at the same time. Cool to see in person.
[/FONT]

You guys claiming that FishPOETS bobcat picture is a Canadian Lynx realize the picture was taken in Yosemite National Park, in California.

I don't think the Canadian Lynx was ever extant in California or that there have been any efforts to introduce it to California.

It's a bobcat.

OK, so everyone is right, the "bobcat" found in Yosemite is a "Lynx Rufus" -- clearly kissing cousins with a Canadian Lynx

Lynx Rufus:
030208_bobcat_lynx_rufus_yosemite_II_520cc.jpg

Canadian Lynx:
Lynx_timothy_catton_USDA.jpg

I was I had the camera ready yesterday. Ran across a black squirrel (hard to find in NC, abundant elsewhere I know), Pheasant, and a Groundhog while on the fire roads. Also heard a Perigrine Falcon and spotted it's nest while hiking. Not bad for a quick day trip.

These pic's are making me drool. :lickout:

LOL...I know what you said in that sentence but I had to read it about three times first.

My wife and I are discussing a trip over Thanksgiving this year. I will let you know.

I just re-read my sentence...sorry!

This is right behind our campsite at Sequoia NP.

SequoiaJune2006139.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah momma bears are scary! I was riding my motorcycle one day up by Alpine Lake on CA HWY 4 and a baby bear ran across the hwy in front of me and down the hill on the other side, I thought I'd try and snap a picture so I pull over and a minute later here comes momma. Thankfully I hadn't gotten off the bike yet cause she would of tore me up!

Crows;
Natural Bridges NM

near Dead Horse Point

Hole In The Rock Trail

Mountain lion;
Squaw Peak Road
Cougar02.jpg

Mountain Goat;
summit of Box Elder Peak
boxelder7-2-05_20.jpg

Nothing exotic, but they are wild, in Kauai :D

Back