• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Widened Body XJ on CL

All of you are bashing this thing but I would like to see it in person to see if the skill went past the body work. Which is pretty darn good.

Dont doubt it, Im sure the trees and rocks around here would love to get a feel for that extra 14" wink wink.....

IMG_4914.jpg

05photo11.jpg

quOFZ.jpg

That one's the Landrunner conversion for Wranglers - though I'd imagine it'd take a lot more effort to pull this off with an XJ.

I emailed him and this is what he said:

It is stock suspension.....it is all done with the rims.
The body is 14" wider not the axles.The stock body had fender flares and the stock wheels were flush with the outside of the flares,now the wheels sit on the inside of the fenders......the flares are gone.

HummerXJ.jpg

The picture I have says you can find more pictures at XJDB.
Why did he attach that bike rack to the front bumper? God that thing is ugly.

I'd like to know what he paid for the new glass.
From the pic Mark posted, it looks like he simply took two stock windshields and cut part off each one, then put a new pillar up the center of the windshield to join the two.

Since the axles are apparently stock, I wonder what he did with the frame end mounting? That must be some interesting fab work moving them in. I'd like to see the leaf/shackle hangars as well.

I kinda want to see the interior.

He must have the most insane spacer/backspaced wheels to pull that off. Thats 7 inches on each side. Good lord... :wierd:

Did you do that in your head?
:confused1

to each his own..........

And he can keep his own.
If you are going to widen an Xj you might as well widen the engine bay as well to accept a nice big block chevy.
ive ridden in and driven enough hummers (military hummers, not the civi versions) to appreciate them but they are wide and squarish and handle like a damn battleship. Not what i d want to deal with on or off the trail.

I too want to see the inside out of morbid curiosity

With all the hummer comments, I'm thinking the fixed difs, independent suspension and portals from an H-1 stuffed under that thing. 'Should be wide enough to handle the stock H-1 geometry.

With all the hummer comments, I'm thinking the fixed difs, independent suspension and portals from an H-1 stuffed under that thing. 'Should be wide enough to handle the stock H-1 geometry.

Then why not just buy a hummer??

It already looks enough like one. Maybe you could buy an H1 and make it look like an XJ, heck that might even be easier...

well, there should be plenty of room to sleep in the back :laugh:

And you know it's hard core 'cause it's got a snorkel!

Any one else agree that this would be way cooler if he had full-widths with a mild lift?

Oh and if he trashed that jail-cell-door of a grill guard.

He must have the most insane spacer/backspaced wheels to pull that off. Thats 7 inches on each side. Good lord... :wierd:

By his responce its not 7" per side, it would be slightly less due to no flares. So minus about 1.5 to 2 inches per side.

Still, Thats some serious spacing!

wow, damien is selling his rig.

whether or not you like it, its one of the more classic xj builds around. don't flame him for doing his own thing.

he is asking too much, though.

Back