• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why stock wheels are better

i see the plate but like FlexdXJ said. You need a light. Dont listen to anyone that say no you dont you wont get pulled over for it. Since you actually DD your jeep put a light on it. Especially since you go to Pismo. Pismo police will get you for anything they can. I got a ticket down their for thread depth!!!

i see the plate but like FlexdXJ said. You need a light. Dont listen to anyone that say no you dont you wont get pulled over for it. Since you actually DD your jeep put a light on it. Especially since you go to Pismo. Pismo police will get you for anything they can. I got a ticket down their for thread depth!!!

Wow, What a load of crap a ticket for tread depth! :huh: www.superbrightleds.com has an external LED license plate light for fairly cheap.

ya it was bullcrap. They got me for that no mud flaps and no front plate on my dodge truck.

Ahh, glad I live in Indiana. They are pretty lax in the vehicle modification department!

Stockish wheels are good for me! They're light too!

Hollisternov09002.jpg

Those are hardly stock wheels for an Xj, looks good though....

ya it was bullcrap. They got me for that no mud flaps and no front plate on my dodge truck.

Over here no mud flaps, no flares, tyres out past the flares, no doors, 31's or bigger, more than 2" lift are all illegal, we are able to get around on 31's or even 32's and with up to around 4" lift most of the time but if you have an accident you are screwed because the vehicle is un-roadworthy you are un-insured, that also covers long arms, but we would never get away with no doors or no flares....

ya you were there during the day. (when there is no light needed). How was the weather? Im going down there on sunday and staying a couple days with family.

it was cloudy all day windy and had like a 30% chance of rain that i never saw, i went out and cruised the dunes to see if the slim a/t's did any better, they did pretty good, it was pretty funny today, the tide was real high and ate away some of the higher road leaving deep ruts about front bumper high, well i put it in 4wd and was climbing them goofing off and this bro dozer rolled up behind me and tried to do what i was doing but couldnt do it and gave up. i got a good smile out of it...

dunes are fun with my truck lol but i doubt i would have any fun with my jeep personally. Im going down looking at a jeep that has done the 2500 conversion and spend time with family and probably hit the waves a bit.

Back