• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why I won't be doing any wheeling this year.

Because I want to criticize you, I am going to say that you should have painted the rear quarter tan to match.

Other than that, this jeep is pure sex.

How's that electric line lock work? You like it? I need some sort of parking brake.

X3. Id love to see a part number on the thing. Eric, it was very cool to see your amazingly built jeep at sierra fest. It makes me very jealous. You know I love that thing.

What spring rates did you end up going with? Did you run the numbers on the link calculators?

Stupid clean work, most of us mask our shoddy fab work when posting pictures online. This Jeep looks even better in person.
I am not worthy :thumbup:

What spring rates did you end up going with? Did you run the numbers on the link calculators?

Stupid clean work, most of us mask our shoddy fab work when posting pictures online. This Jeep looks even better in person.
I am not worthy :thumbup:

I'm running 250-lb / 350-lb on the 12" shocks in the front. 130-lb / 200-lb on the 14" shocks in the back. Be careful using my numbers because I have a 5" wheelbase stretch so the corner weights will be different than most XJs. Make sure you get accurate weights for your rig. I did run all my numbers through the calculators.

Sticking with 37's for the foreseeable future.

Now that's funny right there! I don't know you from Adam, but I've poored over your website and your build threads enough to know that those 37s won't last! I know you said "for the foreseeable future" so I'm sure you don't have a detailed plan YET, but I'm going to go ahead and say you'll be rolling 40s in, oh, 3 years or less! :laugh3:

We should start a :NAXJA: wager about just how long it will be - anyone have the over-under on this one? :D

Last edited:
When ever you have a little time would you mind taking a few more pictures of the rear crossmember and everything. I would like to see how you mounted it all up?

Did you stick to the 4 link from TNT on the front?

When ever you have a little time would you mind taking a few more pictures of the rear crossmember and everything. I would like to see how you mounted it all up?

Did you stick to the 4 link from TNT on the front?

Thanks. I didn't realize I forgot to put up some pics of the crossmember. I literally have about a thousand photos of the build, some I can use here and some I can't because they are being used in the book. Here's the crossmember:

8372.jpg

I designed it similar to how knucklehead61 made his. It starts with a 2" x 4" x 3/16" rectangular tube with 1/4" plate on the bottom. The brackets are from Ruff Stuff but they aren't a "kit". The uppers are their link towers with the bottom radius cut off (they are supposed to go on an axle tube).

8820.jpg

It mounts via 4 bolts under the frame rail on each side and 2 bolts through a plate into the inner side of the frame rail which is also plated. Then there is another 1/4" plate that bolts up connecting this crossmember to the TnT bellypan. You can see the 4 holes drilled into the rear of the bellypan for this purpose. And for added security there are three 1/2" long welds on each side holding it to the frame. Those welds can be easily cut if I need to remove the crossmember.

So yes I kept the TnT bellypan and modified it for the 3-link up front. I'm using my own links (it is a true 3-link, not TnT radius arms).

Nice work. Cannot wait to see this thing in Moab.
And as much as I want my heep to be a darker color. Seeing this kinda makes me want to go desert tan. Most of my XJ is not far off, as it is the 80's gold-ish color. But I have the 97+ header/fenders that are the PG8 dark forest green.

Nice work. Cannot wait to see this thing in Moab.
And as much as I want my heep to be a darker color. Seeing this kinda makes me want to go desert tan. Most of my XJ is not far off, as it is the 80's gold-ish color. But I have the 97+ header/fenders that are the PG8 dark forest green.

The color looks just as good in person. I think you'll like it.

Back