• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why do I have zero flex

I would just purchase a 3" leaf pack and let the shackle and relocation boxes do the rest of the work.

Winner, winner! I have 3.5" leaf packs, Dodge Ram shackles, and the no lift HDO relo kit and I have more than enough on the rear to do what I need to. I've never needed more droop than I have in this picture during a trail ride.

4B421F7F-F4E0-4C76-A066-C6651C3C0F81_zpsgjn8p4bx.jpg

ok so as of right now my rear end sits somewhere around an inch to maybe two (at the absolute most ) low ( i dont know a better way of telling than just eye balling it and thats pretty difficult) i understand this could only be from the warn out leafs but does any one know how much lift i gain from the shackles? id like to match the front as close as possible but if i end up higher i can all ways puck the front to match

I have 4.5" coils up front. 3" leaf pack in the rear. Shackles and Relocation brackets. It sits nice and level. You can fine tune the lift height with OEM coil isolators or move the shackle angle one hole back. (Looks like you need to do that anyway.)

ok sounds great and thats an old picture i have the shackle now at the bottomrear most hole, i called the company and told him my setup adn sent pictures and all and he said thats where it needed to be, but do you have the no lift relocation bracket or the one that provides like that 1-2 inch lift? just wanna make sure to see if i wanna order the 3 or 3.5 leaf a pack or what id rather avoid using any pucks or insulators so jsut want to get as close as possible

also is there any advantage or disadvantage to using the 4.5 pack and getting a shorter shackle? only reason i ask is theres a very small price difference so for the 20-30 bucks i wannna make sure i get my best possible setup

ok sounds great and thats an old picture i have the shackle now at the bottomrear most hole, i called the company and told him my setup adn sent pictures and all and he said thats where it needed to be, but do you have the no lift relocation bracket or the one that provides like that 1-2 inch lift? just wanna make sure to see if i wanna order the 3 or 3.5 leaf a pack or what id rather avoid using any pucks or insulators so jsut want to get as close as possible

I run the 1.5" lift relocation brackets but I'm using stock shackles.

I'd sell those shackles you have, go to a junk yard, get a set of shackles off an old Dodge Ram pick up - late 90's model. They fit the XJ and give you 2 inches and may cost $5.00. Get the 3.5" leaf pack and keep your current HDO no-lift shackle boxes.

5.5" lift with good articulation - done.

And yes, to answer a question that was in your first post, the leaf packs will articulate better than coil springs. In that picture, I was on 31's with 5.5" and I beat every Wrangler at the event - even those on 37's on the RTI ramp.

Last edited:
ok im assuming the 1500? and that will settle the rear then my rear will be about an inch taller so what springs are you running to balance that out? but i will be adding about 130 lbs to the front of the jeep within the week with a winch and bumper and all so ill have over an inch then im sure

it wouldnt be the first time haha i appreciate all the help yall hope this gets me right then. on a side note some of my buddies take those retaining straps off and some say it really helps some say it doesnt make a difference but my concern is ive heard that they can fan out and casue problems is that really some thign to be concerned about because if it is i thought one way to possibly get around that is to drill a hole through all the leafs and put a nylock nut on barely threaded on a long bolt to allow them to seperate some but keep them in line with each other? just brainstorming about this because i like to get advantages wherever i can :) you know what they say about an extra inch...

it wouldnt be the first time haha i appreciate all the help yall hope this gets me right then. on a side note some of my buddies take those retaining straps off and some say it really helps some say it doesnt make a difference but my concern is ive heard that they can fan out and casue problems is that really some thign to be concerned about because if it is i thought one way to possibly get around that is to drill a hole through all the leafs and put a nylock nut on barely threaded on a long bolt to allow them to seperate some but keep them in line with each other? just brainstorming about this because i like to get advantages wherever i can :) you know what they say about an extra inch...

Don't do any of this. If the spring manufacturers wanted them without straps and with retaining bolts threaded through a random hole, they would have produced them that way. Last thing you want is the pack fanning out and taking out a rear tire inner sidewall.

Lowrange is spot on - Slap some new springs on there and see where it puts you. You can adjust with shackles or isolators up front.

One other note - NO Jeep is going to sit level (ever). One corner or the other is going to sag, and it really makes no difference to their capability off or on road.

im just ocd i like them sitting level haha my tj sat perfect and this one doesnt have a sagging corner just squats unfourtunatly but i appreciate the advice i usualy stick with what the factory does in most cases because they invest too much money to be wrong most of the time but thats exactly why my straps are still on til i knew more about it haha

im just ocd i like them sitting level haha my tj sat perfect and this one doesnt have a sagging corner just squats unfourtunatly but i appreciate the advice i usualy stick with what the factory does in most cases because they invest too much money to be wrong most of the time but thats exactly why my straps are still on til i knew more about it haha

welcome to the XJ world, most lean to the right.....

Back