• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's wheeling 37" tires?

Any 95 or newer Explorer/Mountaineer 8.8 will come with discs and 31 spline stock shafts just so you know ahead of time - that way you can keep the stock shafts as spares, unless a c clip eliminator kit requires different shafts that I'm not aware of.

Sorry for the vague post, i suppose I should have mention I plan to sleeve, truss the tubes and reinforce the "C"s on the TJ44 and run ChroMo shafts. The rear 8.8 will be trussed, unsure if I'd rock a spool, LSD or some kinda locker, but I'd do after market 31 spine axles and probably c clip eliminators and try to find a diff with discs. Gears would be 5:13s, stock 4L and AW4. I'd love a 4:1 t case or an atlas, but only if I could find one at the right price.

I'm a pretty conservative wheeler, not afraid to hit the gas, but I try to crawl over what I can. The terrain around here is pretty mild, nothing my 33s can't handle, but I'd like to participate in DTC in South Dakota, and run some big boy trails in Moab and would love to do the Rubicon.

That would be a good set up for 37's...only issue i see is you know you'll want 40's then 42's or 44's , which you'll need tons for...lol

I've seen what 37s and bone stock V6 can do in a well built buggy and a experience driver. I'd like to keep this vehicle street worthy so I can drive to the local trails and such, so 37s and minimal lift will get it done and not bring to much heat on me.

We have had 37's on our tj for about... 6 years now, 44's front and rear, both with arbs. Needless to say, the spare shafts we bought have just been collecting dust... just be smart on the throttle.and know what you are getting yourself in to.

That being said.. a buddy of ours broke an inner c in half on 39's w/ a Dana 60... it can happen, so just be smart

I'm not the kinda guy who launches his jeep in the air, I crawl over what I can. I would like to stretch its out, 2" in the front and what ever I can in the rear, 5-8" I'll say, and bust out the sawzall and comp cut, stitch in a cage as well. As much as i dislike them, Rustys XJ is kinda my inspiration.

Last edited:
Back