• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's still in for Kansas wheelin'?

JEONLYEP

NAXJA Forum User
Man, it's getting close. Who's still in for Kansas wheelin'?

From past replies
One
Led said:
I think I can make that, but you got any rocks??? :dunno:
Two
YELLAHEEP said:
Me too Led. Got it penciled on my calendar - maybe for the Friday and Saturday part anyway.
Three
jrsxj98 said:
Ill keep that one in mind....adding it to the calendar right now......
Four
planefixer said:
I think I'll try to make this...sounds interesting.
Five
WOLFMAN said:
Looks like a good time. Count me in.
Six
MMIXJ said:
can't say that i'm in, but i won't rule it out... especially if there is a CO convoy heading out.

So six maybe/I think I can's.
And one to talk into it.

MAKsXJ said:
Wouldn't be worth it for me to drive my rig all the way out there for the krunch though. minus the skids and sliders its pretty much stock...
Mine was stock the first year I went. You do have rocker skids/sliders, right?
Then you'll be fine, what you can't get over yourself, We can drag you over. It won't hurt your Jeep with the sliders.

More info about the Kansas Krunch at this thread, or call me 620.338.5700

1 1/2 weeks to go.

Daryl

Daryl,

Jeezus! I just looked at the event webpage..... $55 to register!!!!??? Will it be ok if I just show up, or do I gotta register to attend? I'm thinkin' if I go, I'm just gonna avoid the event group and join some other NAXJA guys to fart around on our own.

Is anyone from Colorado actually paid up to attend this event???

Last edited:
The $55 covers the Saturday night meal and the campground and land use fees for the weekend. I think it's $5 more a night to get power at the camp ground. As far as motels, they're available, but about an hour drive away.
It looks and sounds like there will be no problem with signing up when ever you get there.
There is a store on site that has food and some basic supplies, plus showers and flushing toilets. At the area where the Heartland club bases it's operation there are port-a-potties, and if the weather works out there will be gravity showers there.

I always pack some lunch stuff. Friday and Saturday evening meals are provided. Breakfast is great at the store.

Daryl

Six is out...

sorry daryl-- i only get so many "extended" wheelin' trips per season, and i just added
another to the calendar to pre-run some trails for COFEST :D
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57441
so no kansas wheeling for me.

enjoy the event. i hope to see you again on the trail at some point this year...

terry

Now at 1/2 a week to go. Just checking the count. If anyone needs anything from my end, give me a call. 620 338 5700. That's the cell number.

JEONLYEP said:
Man, it's getting close. Who's still in for Kansas wheelin'?
From past replies
One
Led said:
I think I can make that, but you got any rocks???
Yes, no, maybe.

Two
YELLAHEEP said:
Me too Led. Got it penciled on my calendar - maybe for the Friday and Saturday part anyway.
Definate Maybe.

Three
jrsxj98 said:
Ill keep that one in mind....adding it to the calendar right now......
Yes, no, maybe.

Four
planefixer said:
I think I'll try to make this...sounds interesting.
No.

Five
WOLFMAN said:
Looks like a good time. Count me in.
Can not make it

Six
MMIXJ said:
can't say that i'm in, but i won't rule it out... especially if there is a CO convoy heading out.
Six is out...

So six maybe/I think I can's.
And one to talk into it.

MAKsXJ said:
Wouldn't be worth it for me to drive my rig all the way out there for the krunch though. minus the skids and sliders its pretty much stock...
Yes, no, maybe.

More info about the Kansas Krunch at this thread, or call me 620.338.5700

1 1/2 weeks to go.

Daryl

For the rest of ya'll, (been in Kansas too long!) I'll take pics, and see you during the back half of the Colofest.

Daryl

Last edited:
JohnJohn said:
Since I'm lazy, and don't want to look it up...how far is the drive from Denver?
MapQuest said:
8: Merge onto I-70 E. 267.9 miles Map

9: Take the KS-23 exit- EXIT 93- toward GRAINFIELD/GOVE. 0.1 miles Map

10: Turn RIGHT onto KS-23. 34.6 miles Map

11: Turn LEFT onto KS-23/KS-4. 2.0 miles Map

12: Turn LEFT onto KS-4. 1.3 miles Map

15: End at Shields, KS US Map

Total Est. Time: 5 hours, 25 minutes Total Est. Distance: 309.86 miles

JohnJohn said:
Not sure if I want to travel out with Troy...he'd write me a ticket for no front plate.
Best to lead the way in that case. :dunno:

Sorry Daryl, I ain't gonna make it. Too many expenses due in June. With Diesel still above $2.30/gal across Nebraska last week ($2.59 in Phillipsburg!!!!!) my tow rig will bankrupt me for the drive out. Friggin, dealership says 7.7 mpg pulling about 7000 lbs. is about right for an '04 Cummins with under 4000 miles on it...... I say :bs: , but that's damn near $100 in gas just to get there, just to have to turn around the next day to come home.

Bummer.

Oh, and JohnJohn, I have your ticket written out and I submitted those pics of the bogus plate into evidence..... On your way to Kansas, just swing by so I can issue it to ya. :laugh3:

Yea, fuels gonna kick my ass, and I only have 60 miles to go. Lets hope for a tail wind. I'll be out for colofest mid week, see ya then.

JohnJohn said:
Not sure if I want to travel out with Troy...he'd write me a ticket for no front plate.
Now that excuss is out of the way! :laugh3:

Daryl

YELLAHEEP said:
Friggin, dealership says 7.7 mpg pulling about 7000 lbs. is about right for an '04 Cummins with under 4000 miles on it...... I say :bs: , but that's damn near $100 in gas just to get there, just to have to turn around the next day to come home.

You need to find a new dealer - mechanic. My 03 3500 DRW get's 12+ MPG @ 65mph with the 9 1/2' overhead camper pulling the Big Jeep to Moab. That's 19.5K GVWR

On flatland in NE you should do even better. Is it an 04 or 04.5? 6sp or auto? Makes a difference. The 600's are fuel hogs. How fast are you running? Change the fuel filter yet? If not you need to ASAP. Changed mine at 2500 miles and it was nasty, MPG improved after the change. Mines stock save a 4" exhaust and Scotty III intake. 4K miles isn't many, at 15K the economy and power were definitely improved but even at 4K they were better than that...

Bob

Back