• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's in the Hampton Roads Area?

themauler

NAXJA Forum User
I just moved from Greensboro, NC to Virginia Beach, VA for a job and was wondering who on here is local to there and if there were any meet and greets or something of that nature coming up. I know there would be zero places to wheel here but some sort of jeep event to get my fix would be cool.

Nick

Or if there is a jeep club around VA beach? I was looking for some local guys to socialize with.

Anyone know anything I don't.

Lots of cherokees in the area........no clubs I am aware of, but that's not saying much.

The extent of my wheeling is when I go hunting, which lately, is only 4-5 days a year due to work.

Imagine, 3-5 people (depending on the time of year) to cover 3 shifts 24 hrs a day 7 days a week...and since I am basically the senior guy (or at least the one with the most experience)....not much time off.

Period.

Lots of cherokees in the area........no clubs I am aware of, but that's not saying much.

The extent of my wheeling is when I go hunting, which lately, is only 4-5 days a year due to work.

Imagine, 3-5 people (depending on the time of year) to cover 3 shifts 24 hrs a day 7 days a week...and since I am basically the senior guy (or at least the one with the most experience)....not much time off.

Period.

I see. Any good pull a part yards in the area?

Ah, through work I Vist that area quite often. Lotta beach jeepers, haven't seen a lot of wheelers!

VB here, no cherokee specific clubs, but quite a few Cherokees about. Hampton Roads Jeep Club is the biggest most prominent club around, cool dudes there and some cooler jeeps. Haven't been to many of the meets as of late so I'm out of the loop for sure on that front. As far as pull yards go the best around is gonna be pick n pull up by oceana, there is another yard even closer to oceana but they are usually garbage and then there are a bunch of private guys around that are always parting out stuff.... Where are you at in VB?

VB here, no cherokee specific clubs, but quite a few Cherokees about. Hampton Roads Jeep Club is the biggest most prominent club around, cool dudes there and some cooler jeeps. Haven't been to many of the meets as of late so I'm out of the loop for sure on that front. As far as pull yards go the best around is gonna be pick n pull up by oceana, there is another yard even closer to oceana but they are usually garbage and then there are a bunch of private guys around that are always parting out stuff.... Where are you at in VB?

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1068869&highlight=hampton+roads

it's been a while, but some of us are still around...... well, I am anyway.:dunce:

Sweet guys. If you guys need a hand wrenching or plan to attend a SEC NAXJA ride PM me or something! :compwork:

I was until last March when I moved to northern Utah. Much better wheeling here ;)
I used to visit the junk yard across from the Ford plant a lot in high school. At some point they became less helpful and only wanted to sell already pulled parts so I stopped going there. I'm getting spoiled here. Don't have to pay a fee to walk around and they even negotiate a bit on prices here.

Back